Developing Your Own Nutrition Plan For Weight Loss

More strawberries

Dropping the excess fat from your body is an activity that in essence seems to be fairly simple. If you need to eat 2000 calories per day to maintain you current weight, then eating any amount less than that should cause you to lose weight because the body will consume stores of fat to make up for the deficit in calories. Of course what seems simple on paper is not always that easy in real life. This is certainly true for weight loss.

As people go about their days it can be very hard to track the number of calories that they are actually consuming. Beyond this, the specific number of calories that the body needs on any given day can fluctuate based upon activity level. This is why developing a comprehensive nutrition plan for weight loss is so critical to your success.

This nutrition plan needs to take into account several factors. First you need to determine the timeline for your weight loss goals. How quickly you wish to lose weight will be a big factor in determining how many calories you should be eating. Second you need to develop an exercise plan. Muscle and cardiovascular development are critical elements to losing fat and keeping it off. You nutrition plan must be substantial enough to support your exercise regimen.

Losing Weight

A good place to start is to focus on a diet that has a calorie range between 1,200 – 1,500. For the vast majority of people this caloric intake should allow for fairly rapid weight loss without getting into dangerous territory.

For your nutrition plan to be really successful it is a good idea to plan out your weekly meals as much as possible and prepare them ahead of time. In order to make this nutrition plan for weight loss successful it really needs to focus on four categories of foods: Fish, Poultry, Fruits, and Vegetables.

You want to avoid complex carbohydrates, sugars, and red meat as much as possible. Additionally you should cut high calorie drinks out of your diet as well. It is okay to indulge yourself occasionally, but that indulgence should be accounted for in your nutrition plan.

Try to structure your eating times into 4 – 6 meals a day. On a 1,500 calorie diet plan this means that each meal should be roughly 250 calories. Now if you want to plan to have a larger dinner you simply need to adjust your other meals by having less of them or fewer calories throughout. You can divide up those 1,500 calories however you want so long as you have at least 3 meals a day. You should never consume more than 1,000 calories in a single sitting.

When structuring your nutrition plan for weight loss you want 30% of your calories to be protein based in the form of fish or poultry. The remaining 70% should be fruit and veggie based.

Planning is is the key to success for any person struggling to lose fat. The more planned you are, the easier it will be to stick with your diet.

You May Also Like These Topics...
four boy playing ball on green grass

Health & Vitality: the Way to Good Health

Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]

Science-based Suggestions for self-confidence

A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]

5 ways to feel good while getting fit

(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]

When buying hearing aids: 6 essential things to know

(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Previous Post

A Weight Loss Calorie Calculator Makes It Easy To Lose Weight

Next Post
Healthy Lifestyle Running Yoga

3 Top Hotel Brands Offer New Healthy Travel Options

Leave a Reply