The market is saturated with low-fat, low-carb and sugar-free foods. But despite the popular diets, “magical” pills and the latest, greatest fitness machines that all promise to melt away the pounds, more than half of American adults are overweight. <p>For true weight-loss success, health experts stress the importance of changing your lifestyle for the long term and exercising regularly. Here are some creative ways to make fitness fun again and help you win the battle of the bulge once and for all.
* Take “healthy” vacations. Make fitness part of your travels. Head to a spa where, along with a little pampering, you can enjoy hiking, rock climbing, kickboxing, aqua aerobics and yoga.
* Walk or run for a good cause. Training for a 5K charity walk, for example, may be all the motivation you need to get started on a regular fitness routine. Best of all, you’ll be helping your favorite charity accomplish its goals.
* Dance. Join a ballroom or hip-hop dancing class. It’s a great way to shed the pounds, learn how to dance and have fun.
* Strip the weight away. New DVDs featuring Carmen Electra help you spice up your regular workout routine and provide a fun new way to tone your body right in the comfort of your own living room.
“Carmen Electra’s Aerobic Striptease” and “Carmen Electra’s Aerobic Striptease – Fit to Strip” are fast becoming wildly popular. With the help of fitness experts, Electra teaches viewers how to trim down with high- and low-impact dance and fitness techniques. The strengthening moves are designed to help tone the hips, thighs, buns and abs. The DVDs’ special features include a pop-up video display with workout tips and a customizable music track.
* Do Pilates. Find out what makes Pilates the workout of choice for countless celebrities, and why your gym’s Pilates classes are always full. The “MTV: Pilates Mix” DVD, hosted by renowned Pilates and yoga instructor Kristin McGee, is perfect for those who want to add a more cutting-edge beat to their workout. The DVD features two half-hour workout sessions that focus on toning the arms, legs and abs, with a music mix that motivates you to get up and work out.
The DVDs are available online and in stores nationwide. – NU
Related articles from around the web:
More topics: 5 Fun Ways To Get In Shape, IPad, Rice Krispies Treats, Android (operating system), Angry Birds, Calorie, Facebook, Food, Google Play, Great Comet, Halloween,
English: Forestry track junction. I had every intention of going to the trig point marked on the summit of Mullaghanuish, but when I saw the density of tree ahead I decided that this ranked very low on fun ways of spending time. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Celekotok is the name of artists group base in Bali Indonesia. founded by 5 artist who believe with art a lot of thing(K) can be change. Celekotok in Balinese terminology is very sarcastic term but mostly people use that term for something fun other ways if that person using “celekotok term” in formal level that will make the person “look banal” and not polite. celekotok project is very interesting and creative, fun, joke and sarcastic are mixing in their work. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
You Can Help Your Child Get More Exercise By Following These 5 Tips
Does your child get enough exercise? You can get your children more active with these 5 fun parenting tips.
Better Health in Four Steps
In just four steps, you can improve your health for the better and this article will show you how. The steps below are bite-sized nuggets of health information you can actually use to live a healthy life. Here we go… Nutritional supplements are the first step As far as I’m concerned, they are very important […]
Top 4 Nutrition Predictions in the New Year
Several food and nutrition trends were in the spotlight this year, including the continued rise of plant-based diets, non-dairy ice creams and superfoods that are blasts from the past — legumes, apples and cabbage. It can be easy to experience nutrition whiplash in the New Year, but don’t be a victim. Get a jump-start on […]
5 Ways to Feel Good While Getting Fit
Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If you find […]