Canoga Park, CA (PRWEB) June 13, 2013
Stress, anxiety, depression and self-esteem may all be issues hindering weight loss success for people who have tried countless diets and failed. The downward spiral of emotional eating followed by feelings of shame and embarrassment is a vicious cycle hindering many people from losing weight. According to 101 Medical Weight Loss, the leader in medical weight loss programs in the San Fernando Valley, when it comes to losing weight, you may be your own worst enemy.
If youve tried losing weight before and have found it to be an uphill battle in which you lose a few pounds only to gain back several more, then its time to break the psychological cycle that may holding you back from your goal, says Dr. Aazami of 101 Medical Weight Loss.
People who are overweight often feel a social stigma or prejudice that can have a negative effect on their self-esteem. This often causes a psychological cycle for weight gain to be set in motion. People, overweight as well as thin, often eat in response to stress, depression, loneliness, and anxiety. This stress-induced or emotional eating can lead to weight gain which in turn leads to lower self-esteem, depression, and anxiety, which leads to more stress-based eating and additional weight gain. Its easy to see how one can become trapped in a dangerous downward spiral and vicious cycle.
Use these seven steps to create a mental turnaround and break through the psychological barriers that are holding you back.
Seven Steps to Breaking the Cycle
1. Stop Diet Deprivation. Diets that put severe restrictions on what you can eat often arouse binge eating. While you may hold out for a while, one day youll decide depriving yourself is not worth it, or you cant take it anymore, and you dig into the refrigerator, freezer, or snack cabinet with a vengeance. Allow yourself small indulgences that are satisfying and will help you avoid harmful binging.
2. Plan Ahead. What if you should slip? The best way to avoid slipping is through pre-planning. So, if youre off to a backyard barbeque or family gathering, decide ahead of time what your plan is. Eat something healthy and filling before you go out and then allow yourself a few special treats at the party, but exercise portion control. If you know that Aunt Mary is making your favorite dessert, plan on having a small slice and savor it. Managing your weight and enjoying life should go hand in hand.
3. Set Realistic Weight Loss Goals. To avoid the frustration of failing, dont overstress yourself with unrealistic weight loss goals. You gained weight slowly over time and it will take some time to gradually lose that weight. Slow but sure is the best approach.
4. Choose Healthy Outlets for Emotions. Instead of opening the refrigerator when youre upset, try phoning a friend or taking a walk instead. Discover something that makes you feel calmer or happier something other than food or alcohol. Do yoga, dance around your living room, meditate, or go out bowling with a friend.
5. Stop Harboring Hurts. Work through issues that are upsetting you. Talk to a therapist or even a friend. Dont let hurts, old wounds, or patterns that reach back into your childhood affect you and your relationship with food.
6. Remember Why Youre Dieting. It helps to stop and remember why youre dieting in the first place. Is it to have more energy, look and feel better, alleviate health problems, or increase your self-esteem? Keeping the goal in mind is critical to your weight loss success.
7. Use Your Mind to Break the Cycle. The fact is you can do it. Its all in your mind the power to lose the weight rests with you. Believe you can succeed and you will succeed. If you want to put an end to the psychological cycle of weight gain, start by turning all of your negative self-talk into positive affirmations. Thats the best way to break the cycle.
The experts at 101 Medical Weight Loss remind you to keep your goal in mind at all times. Write down positive affirmations and put up visual reminders of what you want to attain. Keep a good mind set, stay active and prepare healthy menus to help aid weight loss.
For more information please visit http://www.101medicalweightloss.com/
About 101 Medical Weight Loss: For more than a decade, The Center for Medical Weight Loss has been helping people to shed unwanted pounds through physician-guided programs. The company is known throughout the San Fernando Valley area for uniquely meeting the needs of patients through personalized plans. 101 Medical Weight Loss operates on the belief that safe weight loss results from healthy food and lifestyle choices, but provides the option of a safe appetite suppressant prescription when necessary. To discover what The Center for Medical Weight Loss can do for you, visit 101 Medical Weight Loss.com
- ^ 101 Medical Weight Loss (101medicalweightloss.com)
- ^ 101 Medical Weight Loss (101medicalweightloss.com)
- ^ http://www.101medicalweightloss.com/ (www.101medicalweightloss.com)
- ^ 101 Medical Weight Loss.com (101medicalweightloss.com)
Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback) tagged “weight loss tips” 95 times
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:29:04 GMT Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback)By D K Evans Click for more info Customer Rating: Customer tags: natural weight loss(97), weight loss(96), weight loss tips(95), healthy living(6), natural remedies(5), how to lose weight(5), d k evans(3), diet reviews(3), terri bork http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Weight-Loss-Secrets-REVEALED/dp/1453630325/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Weight Off (Kindle Edition) tagged “weight loss tips” 74 times
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:56:20 GMT Weight Off (Kindle Edition)By Linda Corby Buy new: $1.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: weight control(124), weight(123), fat loss(121), fat free(118), obesity loss(117), weight loss(116), weight loss help(116), healthy weight loss(115), my weight loss(113), how i lost weight(113), weight loss tips(74), weight management(72) http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Off-ebook/dp/B004FV540G/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
7 Diet Tweaks For Weight Loss Kath Eats Real Food
Weight loss can be very dramatic. Someone who drinks 2000 calories a day can decide to give up Coke and drop lots of pounds fairly quickly. But most of the time, weight loss comes in very small packages. These little. http://www.katheats.com/7-diet-tweaks-for-weight-loss
'The Biggest Loser's' Dolvett Quince gives weight loss tips and – Zap2it
The Biggest Loser trainer Dolvett Quince shares expert diet secrets, workout plans and fitness advice. From what kind of music is best for a workout to the biggest diet mistakes, Dolvett tells you how to do the Biggest Loser … http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/06/the-biggest-losers-dolvett-quince-gives-weight-loss-tips-and-workout-advice.html
ZUMBA FITNESS EXHILARATE PROGRAM GUIDE BOOKLET WEIGHTLOSS TIPS TRAINING TIPS
2013-06-08T04:11:03.000Z $0.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Friday Jun-14-2013 21:11:03 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
LA Weight Loss Complete, Easy, Real Food Menus, No Pills, Powder +Secrets +Tips
End Date: Thursday Jul-11-2013 13:22:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
You Can Help Your Child Get More Exercise By Following These 5 Tips
Does your child get enough exercise? You can get your children more active with these 5 fun parenting tips.
Better Health in Four Steps
In just four steps, you can improve your health for the better and this article will show you how. The steps below are bite-sized nuggets of health information you can actually use to live a healthy life. Here we go… Nutritional supplements are the first step As far as I’m concerned, they are very important […]
Top 4 Nutrition Predictions in the New Year
Several food and nutrition trends were in the spotlight this year, including the continued rise of plant-based diets, non-dairy ice creams and superfoods that are blasts from the past — legumes, apples and cabbage. It can be easy to experience nutrition whiplash in the New Year, but don’t be a victim. Get a jump-start on […]
5 Ways to Feel Good While Getting Fit
Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If you find […]