MCLEAN, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
Whether youre away for business or pleasure, dont let traveling be an excuse to break your healthy New Years resolutions. Check out these tips from Jodi Sullivan, Hilton Worldwides senior director of global fitness, to help maintain your health wherever your travels may take you.
- Eat five to six small meals a day. Try to eat five to six small meals per day. This will keep your metabolism running all day long and prevent blood sugar spikes which lead to excess fat storage. Incorporate plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables into your meals and try to avoid high calorie, high fat food.
- Plan exercise in advance. Schedule your workout like you would a business meeting. Determine the day and time you plan to visit the gym and log it into your itinerary. Keep in mind the majority of our fitness centers offer 24-hour access.
- Set realistic goals. Achievable fitness goals are critical and give you the encouragement to stick with it when you start seeing results.
- Get up and stretch. Sitting all day is hazardous to your health; plain and simple. Take a few minutes every hour or so on flights to stretch and improve circulation while combating fatigue. Step away from your desk for ten minutes every hour to stretch your back and legs. Take a quick walk while returning phone messages and checking your emails between meetings.
- Mix up your workouts. Repeating the same workout every day can become mundane and methodical. Our state-of-the-art fitness centers have everything you need to break your typical routines. Or, if exercising outdoors motivates you, take a long walk and explore your travel destination.
- Pack your sneakers first. Packing your workout gear first will ensure it makes it into your bag. Consider packing lightweight workout clothes to help reduce overall luggage weight.
- Stay hydrated. Traveling can be dehydrating. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to flush toxins and remain alert.
- Get a good nights sleep. Try to keep your waking and sleeping hours as close to your regular schedule as possible. Sleep is as important as exercise and eating healthy. Make sure youre getting at least six to eight hours of sleep every night.
- Pamper yourself. Book a massage or spa treatment at one of our eforea spas to help alleviate stress and rid your body of toxins.
Watch this video for more from Jodi on ways to stay fit on the road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ePcqT9iKSs.
Hilton Worldwide has over 2,500 fitness centers in operation at properties worldwide, and is continuously upgrading and assessing all fitness centers to ensure they meet the needs of the frequent traveler.
Hilton Worldwide tested state-of-the-art equipment in addition to a variety of design options, activity snacks and amenities in its McLean, Va. headquarters. Results led to new solutions that are being featured throughout Hilton Worldwides portfolio, varying by brand and location.
Hilton Worldwide hotels will feature the latest in fitness equipment, including touch screen consoles, iPod compatibility, ePub readers, pre-loaded sample exercises, Internet connectivity, integrated television and personal TV screens with nearly 40 channels to choose from.
Take a look at a quick snapshot of some of Hilton Worldwides top fitness centers globally.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ePcqT9iKSs (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ top fitness centers (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.hiltonworldwide.com (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide (cts.businesswire.com)
Matthew Basso: 2013 Fitness Resolutions: 3 Tips for Getting the …
Okay, you've committed to getting fit and healthy 2013. There is a lot to think about when it comes to making the most of your workouts. Here are my three tips for getting the best results possible. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-basso/fitness-tips_b_2474420.html
Post-workout beauty tips for hair and skin
Here are our expert tips on the best ways to get back to beautiful in a rush post-workout. http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/982053/post-workout-beauty-tips
The Writer’s Workout: 366 Tips, Tasks, & Techniques From Used Bargain Paperback
CARDIO FITNESS WORKOUT NICHE BLOG WEBSITE BUSINESS FOR SALE HEALTHY HEART TIPS
<img style="float:right;margin:5px 0px 5px 10px;" alt="English: Pulldown exercise, which strengthens the arms and back FranÃ§ais : Formation de rÃ©sistance par un vieillard, Hollywood Ð ÑÑÑÐºÐ¸Ð¹: ÐÐ½ÐµÐ²Ð¼Ð°ÑÐ¸ÑÐµÑÐºÐ¸ ÑÐµÐ³ÑÐ»Ð¸ÑÑÐµÐ¼Ð°Ñ ÑÑÐ³Ð° Ð½Ð° ÑÑÐµÐ½Ð°Ð¶ÑÑÐµ Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¶Ð¸Ð»ÑÑ , ÐÐ¾Ð»Ð»Ð¸Ð²ÑÐ´" src="//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/UPSTREAM_FITNESS-7.jpg/350px-UPSTREAM_FITNESS-7.jpg”> There are three basic factors that will help you lose your belly: strength training (which increases resting metabolic rate), cardiovascular exercise (which […]
New research indicates that adults born very premature are more likely to be socially withdrawn and display signs of autism. The study was led by Professor Dieter Wolke at the department of psychology and Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick. The results showed that the adults born very preterm scored highly for displaying a socially […]
Yoga was developed in India at least three thousand years ago, and is a discipline that uses breath control, meditation and physical exercises. There are number of things about yoga that make it particular appealing, chiefly because it helps to promote mental and physical well being. The purpose of the philosophy and technique is to […]
Yoga, which means discipline, was developed in the year 300 by an Indian Hindu named Patanjali. Its purpose is to stretch the muscles, strengthen the body and increase concentration. It can also help you relax, if you have trouble doing that. No wonder this ancient discipline has become popular among modern entertainers and athletes. Depending […]