As a certified personal trainer and editor of a popular fitness site, FitnessGear101.com, I’ve heard every excuse in the book when it comes to why people don’t exercise. However, the one that takes the, pardon-my-pun, “fitness cake” is lack of time.
A day doesn’t go by without one of my clients professing that they simply don’t have time for exercise. Well, I’ve seen people who want to loose weight badly enough. They will restrict their diets, exercise rigorously for an hour a day and even swear off alcohol gasp and chocolate double gasp! So, don’t give me that bull!
People shy away from exercise because they think they’ll have to spend hours in a gym. To maintain good health all you need is a healthy diet and a daily walk that can be broken up into increments throughout the day.
Still don’t believe me? I’ll show you how easy it is to fit brief walks into your day:
1) Is Sex and the City a rerun again? It breaks my heart when that happens. Why not go for a 30-minute walk. If it’s a new episode that you simply can’t miss, jump rope during commercials or run on the spot.
2) Does carting the kids to hockey or baseball cut into your exercise time? Take some inspiration from Jr. and stay on your feet during the game. You’ll get kudos for being the team’s best cheer leader, and your butt won’t expand to the size of the soccer field.
3) Are you dying to get your hands on the next best-seller? Buy it as a book-on-tape and take it walking with you. It might have you extending your stroll to finish a chapter.
4) Instead of a sumptuous brunch with the girls, try a brisk 30-minute walk with your BFF. Catching up on all the latest gossip can be just as delicious during a walk plus it won’t tempt you to cheat on your healthy eating plan.
5) Remember when people used to “run” errands? Well many of us still take that term literally. The next time you need a quart of milk, walk to the local grocer.
6) Use your lunch break as an exercise break. I go work out and then eat lunch at my desk. A brisk walk around the block will leave you more refueled for the afternoon than that third cup of coffee.
7) Do you complain about how slow your apartment elevator is? Take the faster route the stairs. You’ll burn calories in the process.
8) It’s always ironic that those who circle the parking lot looking for the closest spot are often the most overweight. Park farther away where there are spots o’ plenty. You’ll burn extra calories lugging your groceries back to the car.
9) Have you ever heard the phrase “hurry up and wait!”? Well it’s not just a humorous observation it’s a great way to stay moving. The next time you’re waiting in a long lineup don’t take a chair, pace the floor or do a little stretching.
10) If you have no time to exercise, chances are you don’t have time to clean the house either. Housework such as dusting, vacuuming, shoveling and raking is multitasking because it counts as exercise.
Resources from around the web:
Related searches: Fitness, Workout, Aerobics, Physical fitness, Physical exercise, Apple Inc., Facebook, Google, Personal trainer, Samsung, Twitter, 2010 FIFA World Cup, Adipose tissue,
Personal trainer showing a client how to exercise the right way and educating them along the way. The semi-spherical device is a BOSU. Category:Fitness Category:Fitness_training Category:Personal_training Category:Stretching Category:Challenges to physical balance (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Personal trainer assessing a client’s goals and needs as they write a fitness programme Category:Fitness Category:Fitness_training Category:Personal_training (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Three Basic Factors To Sexy Abs!
<img style="float:right;margin:5px 0px 5px 10px;" alt="English: Pulldown exercise, which strengthens the arms and back FranÃ§ais : Formation de rÃ©sistance par un vieillard, Hollywood Ð ÑÑÑÐºÐ¸Ð¹: ÐÐ½ÐµÐ²Ð¼Ð°ÑÐ¸ÑÐµÑÐºÐ¸ ÑÐµÐ³ÑÐ»Ð¸ÑÑÐµÐ¼Ð°Ñ ÑÑÐ³Ð° Ð½Ð° ÑÑÐµÐ½Ð°Ð¶ÑÑÐµ Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¶Ð¸Ð»ÑÑ , ÐÐ¾Ð»Ð»Ð¸Ð²ÑÐ´" src="//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/UPSTREAM_FITNESS-7.jpg/350px-UPSTREAM_FITNESS-7.jpg”> There are three basic factors that will help you lose your belly: strength training (which increases resting metabolic rate), cardiovascular exercise (which […]
Flexibility Training: Stretching Our Way To Better Health
Individuals who want to stay fit and healthy have been incorporating physical activities like cardiovascular training and weightlifting into their fitness routines, almost making exercise the center of their lifestyle. These people are often in a hurry to improve their physique or level of physical fitness that they have forgotten the importance of flexibility training. […]
Agel Exo: How To Fight Disease Causing Free Radicals, Quickly On The Run!
When it comes to our bodies, it’s a huge understatement to simply say that we’re walking miracles. If you think about how we function, and are able to be in a constant state of repair as we walk around doing whatever it is that we do, it’s just an incredible thought. Our bodies have to […]
Aerobic Exercise For Weight Loss Can Be Fun
The word aerobic literally means “with oxygen” or “in the presence of oxygen.” Aerobic exercise is any activity that uses large muscle groups, can be maintained continuously for a long period of time and is rhythmic in nature. Aerobic exercises utilize oxygen as the major fuel for sustaining activity for relatively long periods. In general, […]