Weight loss is a difficult job, so many of us may lose motivation sooner or later. This is how we fall back into temptation and start eating those forbidden foods again, thus wasting a lot of work and effort. If you recognize yourself in these words, this article is for you. We are going to provide you our best tips to stay motivated to lose weight.
1. Set reasonable goals. This is the first thing you should do when joining a weight loss program or when starting a diet. By setting goals that are achievable, you’ll be able to see how you get closer to them with every week that passes, so you are more prone to stay motivated. If your goals are too high, you’ll eventually get depressed because you won’t see any encouraging progress along the way.
2. Get yourself an accountability partner. Working as a team is always easier than struggling by yourself. If your partner also needs to lose weight, it’s a great opportunity to join a program together, help and support each other, share your feelings and celebrate your victories together. If you don’t have a partner willing to support you in preserving your weight loss motivation or if he doesn’t need to lose weight, you could consider joining a group or hiring a personal trainer.
3. Be nice to yourself. Allow yourself to get spoiled every now and then by skipping a day or workouts or by enjoying some forbidden foods. If you’re too strict, soon you won’t find the power to stay on track, so you may end up just quitting and returning to your old habits that may have been unhealthy but so comforting at the same time!
4. Rest. Getting the required amount of sleep every night is essential to keep you motivated and healthy. Humans do need sleep and if you skip one night or two, you can’t think you’d make up by sleeping in the next weekend. It doesn’t work like this. We need our seven-eight hours of good night sleep, or we may fall into depression. This could happen even to healthy and fit individuals, so you can imagine what harm it might do to somebody who is already trying hard to cope with the challenge of losing weight.
5. Exercise. Scientific research has shown that individuals who exercise every day are healthier than those who don’t. Besides, when we exercise, our body reacts by secreting more of a protein that helps neural connections to form, therefore making us sharper. Moreover, those who exercise in their 40s or 50s will benefit from a better health when they will get to the old age, so you can see how important this is for all of us.
6. Avoid bad influences. If you have friends to regularly tempt you into breaking your newly acquired, healthy habits, it’s best to see less of them, if you want to maintain your weight loss motivation. Surround yourself with people who support your current goals.
Most of all, document your progress by keeping a diary. If you want to make it public, you may consider starting a weight loss blog which could help other people like you keep their weight loss motivation.
Healthy Living (Fit to 100: Secrets to Health and Longevity) (Kindle Edition) tagged “health tips” 8 times
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:22:02 GMT Healthy Living (Fit to 100: Secrets to Health and Longevity) (Kindle Edition)By C.D. Shelton Buy new: $0.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: long life(8), healthy living(8), health tips(8), live long(8), health and wellness(7), longevity(7), live longer(7), healthy lifestyle(7), health(7), health and fitness(7), healthy aging(7) http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Living-Fit-100-Longevity-ebook/dp/B007DCBIQ8/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Weight Loss Tips: Concise Advices For Losing Weight And Prevent It From Coming Back Again (Kindle Edition) tagged “health tips” 6 times
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 09:45:00 GMT Weight Loss Tips: Concise Advices For Losing Weight And Prevent It From Coming Back Again (Kindle Edition)By Stephen Williams Buy new: $4.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: health tips(6), weight loss(5), shedding pounds(4), losing weight(4), healthy lifestyle(4), dropping inches(4), weight loss tips(3), diet(2), tips for losing weight, health, how to lose weight, healthy weight loss http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Tips-Concise-Advices-ebook/dp/B009MZ673I/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
November 2013 Health Tips # 4 | Semo Health Network
PCMH Semo Logo. HEALTH TIPS. By: Kimberly Crawford. Safe Toys for Kids. The holiday shopping season is in full swing, and Christmas is almost here. Parents have eagerly purchased gifts that their children will be ripping … http://semohealthnetwork.org/november-2013-health-tips-4/
7 Health Tips from Orpik – Pittsburgh Penguins – Features
7 Health Tips from Orpik. Tuesday, 11.19.2013 / 10:22 AM / Features. Pittsburgh Penguins. Comment. Print. Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik is one of the team's leaders both on and off the ice. But he's the undeniable leader of the team in … http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691722
Hot 100 Pcs Double-head Wooden Cotton Swab Tip Medical Cure Health Make-up Stick
Meat Goat Handbook Tucker Food Profit Butchering Health Raise Business Guide Tip
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]