Canoga Park, CA (PRWEB) August 15, 2013
The weight loss experts at 101 Medical Weight Loss realize that with fall weather, the combination of shorter days, increased stress, and sitting at a desk all day can spell trouble for those struggling to keep weight in check. 101 Medical Weight Loss offers tips to everyone to stay healthy and fit during the fall and winter months, even at work.
1. Start your day with a healthy breakfast. If you dont have time to eat an omelet or oatmeal bring a piece of fruit, a high-fiber low-fat muffin, or instant oatmeal with you to work. Remember, a donut is not a good breakfast avoid getting on that carbohydrate roller coaster first thing in the morning by eating a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast.
2. Pack a healthy lunch. If mornings are hectic, then pack your lunch the night before. Include healthy munchies (raw vegetables, almonds, string cheese, low-fat popcorn, fruit or yogurt) that you can snack on later in the day, when food cravings are most likely to hit. This way, you can avoid the temptation to satisfy your hunger at the office vending .
3. Take 90-seconds to stretch it out! One of the biggest mistakes we make is sitting slumped over our desks and transfixed by our computers for hours on end. But, you can change all that by simply remembering to do 90 seconds of stretching every half hour or so. Stretching not only increases your metabolism, it also alleviates stress.
4. Alternate with 90-second strengthening. In addition to stretching, its important to do some strength training. Try doing some quick exercises in your chair like lifting yourself gradually off your seat for a few seconds.
5. Dont just sit there! Get in the groove, get on the move. What does that mean? Dont be a dead weight. It means getting up out of your seat, taking the stairs, and going for walks every chance you get.
6. Stay hydrated. Weve said it before, but well say it again. Keep water handy or take frequent walks to the water cooler. What we often mistake for hunger is simply dehydration. So, keep well hydrated.
7. Stay committed. Its easy to remember to do these things for a few days, but that wont get you where you want to be. To lose weight, maintain weight loss, and get fit, you must vow to do this every day. You can do it if you make yourself a promise and its a promise worth keeping.
8. Dealing with the boss. Exercise, stretching and walking are all beneficial stress-reducers that help you lower your risk of stress-induced munching. Also, when you lower stress, you start thinking clearer and increase productivity. So, if your boss has anything to say to you about your taking a few minutes out of every day to stretch, exercise and walk, then tell him or her it helps clear your head and energizes you, so that youre actually much more productive.
9. Dealing with co-workers Dont be embarrassed. Youre doing what you need to do to stay fit and healthy. Educate your co-workers and, before long, theyll be joining you for those lunchtime walks and youll even catch them stretching and bringing in healthy snacks. Theyll admire you for it.
Following these simple tips can help fend off those extra pounds that tend to sneak on during the shortened fall months. For more information please visit http://www.101medicalweightloss.com/
About 101 Medical Weight Loss: For more than a decade, The Center for Medical Weight Loss has been helping people to shed unwanted pounds through physician-guided programs. The company is known throughout the San Fernando Valley area for uniquely meeting the needs of patients through personalized plans. 101 Medical Weight Loss operates on the belief that safe weight loss results from healthy food and lifestyle choices, but provides the option of a safe appetite suppressant prescription when necessary. To discover what The Center for Medical Weight Loss can do for you, visit 101 Medical Weight Loss.com
- ^ 101 Medical Weight Loss (101medicalweightloss.com)
- ^ 101 Medical Weight Loss (www.101medicalweightloss.com)
- ^ http://www.101medicalweightloss.com/ (www.101medicalweightloss.com)
Rapid Fat Loss Tips | Lose Fat
Tips That Work for Accelerated Fat Loss.rapid weight loss tips.loss your weight with help of working fast tips. http://www.theweightlose.com/2013/08/rapid-fat-loss-tips.html
1 Reason For Slow Female Fat Loss And 5 Tips To Fix It | Burn The …
You may have heard (or realized first hand!), that it's more difficult for women to lose fat than men. Differences in male and female hormones are certainly involved both in the fat loss process as well as in the patterns of fat … http://www.burnthefatblog.com/1-reason-for-slow-female-fat-loss.php
Fat Loss Factor – 101 Tips That BURN Belly FAT Daily – Weight Loss – 6 Pack Abs
End Date: Friday Aug-23-2013 14:06:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $1.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
FITNESS RX MAGAZINE More muscle Best fat loss tips Boost testosterone Core abs
End Date: Thursday Sep-12-2013 16:36:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
You Can Help Your Child Get More Exercise By Following These 5 Tips
Does your child get enough exercise? You can get your children more active with these 5 fun parenting tips.
Better Health in Four Steps
In just four steps, you can improve your health for the better and this article will show you how. The steps below are bite-sized nuggets of health information you can actually use to live a healthy life. Here we go… Nutritional supplements are the first step As far as I’m concerned, they are very important […]
Top 4 Nutrition Predictions in the New Year
Several food and nutrition trends were in the spotlight this year, including the continued rise of plant-based diets, non-dairy ice creams and superfoods that are blasts from the past — legumes, apples and cabbage. It can be easy to experience nutrition whiplash in the New Year, but don’t be a victim. Get a jump-start on […]
5 Ways to Feel Good While Getting Fit
Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If you find […]
Does Anyone Know The Top Secret Fat Loss Secret Who Would Be Willing To Share It With An Overweight Teenager? I am a 15 year old, overweight girl. I hate it when people make fun of me because of my weight – it is so embarassing! I would like to know the top secret fat loss secret from someone who is willing to share it with me. I can’t afford to buy the book, or else I would. I’m desperate. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Any fat loss tips, too.
Go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food after 7 p.m.
I know a woman who lost 60 pounds a month on it. She did nothing else!
and as for your book – go to a bookstore and browse it. Or go to amazon.com, find it and then click “search inside this book” – you will be able to read an extract.
What Are Some Good Ab Exercises? I’m really skinny and I really don’t have any fat in the abdomen area, but I’m trying to get my abs defined. A lot of the articles for ab exercises I’m seeing have things like “fat loss tips for great abs”. Since I don’t need to lose fat, I’m wondering if I need to do different kinds of exercises than what those articles are suggesting.
I’m also doing cardio exercises. Should I do ab exercises before or after I do cardio? Or should I do them at completely separate times?
They say so, because you do have fat on top of your abs, you just do not need to lose it anywhere else. Or little flab.
jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you tone throughout your whole body. If you want to tone in
specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are
your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have
to work double on them. The best approach is this:
1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal
weight, lower for overweight).
2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.
3. Target your problem areas with exercises.
an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a
stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,
for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure
that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you
will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your
body back, until it’s parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and
move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add
to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,
guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat – if you have any – six
pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these
crunches – I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT
ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.
How Should I Train For Cross Country Running And Loose Weight?? I am overweight and want to start cross country in fall (end of august/ begining of sept. so 4-5 months) I can’t run for more than 300-600 feet at a time and need to build up to the 3 mile (5K). I need training tips and weight-loss/ fat loss tips. Any help is appriciated!!!!
Dani, I know you answered my other question. I was trying to get a variety of answers.
The best thing would be to start jogging now. Start at a managable pace and go for as long as you can. You just have to build up to it. When I started running I could only do a mile, after a while of doing that and gradually adding more distance, I got up to 4 miles. As far as weightloss – cardio is the best way, so stick to the running. Try a stationary bike if you can’t get outside much, but cycling on a stationary and running are completely different, so you definitely want to train with running.