(BPT) – From their loyal ways to their silly antics, pets bring so much joy to homes. While you wouldn’t trade any of the cuddles and welcome-home slobbers, one thing most pet owners don’t find quite as lovable is all the pet hair!
When you live with a furry friend, it’s inevitable that there will be pet hair everywhere-hiding under tables, collecting in corners and clinging to clothes and furniture. Cleaning up after it all can be hard work-but the good news is that there are some ways to keep it under control. With a few simple steps, you can keep your home clean and free from pet hair (at least until that next shake).
1) Embrace your inner groomer. The best way to deal with pet hair in your home is to stop it even before it starts. Regularly grooming your pet will help control pet hair and shedding. Get into the habit of brushing your pet each day. Chances are, they’ll enjoy the extra attention, and you’ll be able to collect and dispose of their hair before it gets everywhere else. If your pet needs extra care, take them to a groomer every couple of months to really control the undercoat or longer hair.
2) Use a vacuum designed to pick up pet hair. After you’ve used a conventional vacuum that fails to pick up your dog or cat’s hair a couple of times, it’s probably safe to say that you’ve had enough. Get your hands on a vacuum built for the job, like the BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser® Lift-Off® Upright Pet Vacuum, which is engineered specifically for homes with pets. It combines the power of an upright vacuum with the cleaning convenience of a lightweight, portable canister, so you can clean tight corners, stairs and furniture easily. It also has a tangle-free brush roll, so you don’t have to worry about hair wrapping around it. When you’re done, you can empty the canister without touching the hair inside.
3) Strategically place throw rugs around the house. Carpet and rugs are a magnet for pet hair-so use them to your advantage! Place throw rugs in areas your cat or dog frequents and they can collect the lion’s share of the shedding before the hair infiltrates every nook and cranny in the rest of your home. Then you can easily vacuum those rugs!
4) Give your pet a designated hang-out spot. While your favorite four-legged companion is hanging out around the house, offer them an extra comfy spot or two on the floor with large throw pillows or a pet bed so they have their own space. They’ll end up spending much of their time in these cozy spots and it will help you out by making the area you need to clean smaller.
5) Washable slipcover. There’s no reason to cut out couch cuddles with your fluffy friend. A washable slipcover for your furniture can work wonders to protect furniture from hair and messes. And, it doesn’t have to be the unsightly plastic covers people used to have -contemporary slipcovers are made of soft cloth, are easy to remove and look great. Most you can even throw in your washing machine to easily to remove the hair. In between washings, using vacuum attachments will help keep your couch hair free.
After trying out these tricks, the only evidence that there’s a pet in your home will be from the lovable, furry greeting they give you when you walk in the door!
* Maker’s Cleaning Cloths: http://MakersClean.com
Subscribe for a Cleaner Life! http://bit.ly/CleanMySpaceYT
This week we tackle a frequently asked questions we get here at Clean My Space HQ – how to clean LAMINATE floors – and since there’s a lot of misinformation out there regarding how to clean a laminate floor, we thought we would go right to the source for some answers! Especially that laminate floor HAZE that seems impossible to get rid of!
We were doing a project with Armstrong Flooring in Lancaster, Pennsylvania last weekend, so we asked to film a video in their showroom all about laminate. We also asked to include one of their head laminate product people, Marcia, to get the exact cleaning deal right from the source. I hope you like it and find this as informative as I did!
*** FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM! ***
*** START YOUR JOURNEY TO A CLEANER LIFE! ***
Melissa’s Channel: http://youtube.com/MelissaMaker
Chad’s Channel: http://youtube.com/CheckYourLevels
*** VIDEOS I MENTIONED! ***
QUICK AND EASY SHOWER CLEANING ROUTINE!
HOW TO CLEAN PET HAIR FOR GOOD!
*** CHECK OUT THESE HELPFUL VIDEOS! ***
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR WASHER AND DRYER!
HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR FRONT CLOSET!
HOW TO SPRING CLEAN YOUR BEDROOM CLOSET!
SPRING CLEANING COSMETICS AND TOILETRIES PURGE!
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN CUPBOARDS AND DRAWERS!
HOMEMADE VS. STORE BOUGHT CLEANING PRODUCTS!
5 HOMEMADE CLEANERS!
IKEA HAUL! HOW TO BUY HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS ON A BUDGET!
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR GLASS STOVETOP!
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SELF-CLEANING OVEN!
5 BEDROOM DE-CLUTTERING TIPS!
5 COMMON CLEANING MISTAKES & HOW TO FIX THEM!
5 WAYS TO STRESS LESS ABOUT CLEANING!
10 CLEANING USES FOR VINEGAR!
10 MORE CLEANING USES FOR BAKING SODA!
10 THINGS YOU CAN CLEAN WITH LEMON!
5 FRESHLY MINTED CLEANING HACKS!
WALMART HAUL – CLEANING PRODUCTS!
DOLLAR STORE HAUL – CLEANING PRODUCTS!
We’d love to hear from you – say hello down below!
Laminate Floor Cleaning & Care Tips! (Clean My Space)
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]