(BPT) – Today, people are more focused on health and wellness than ever before. You know this because you are constantly flooded with advice on what to eat, how (and how much) to exercise, and what to ask your doctors.
All of these things are important but what about the vital role the home plays in your healthy lifestyle? As you prepare for another season of indoor living, it’s time to ask: how can I improve the functionality, efficiency and health of my home?
A healthy, safe and comfortable home is essential for those you love. When winter weather keeps you indoors, it’s even more important.
Tackle a few home-health tips now and your family and guests will be comfortable now and any time of year. Review and handle these must-do’s, happy home style, today!
* Adhere to a maintenance schedule. Your body requires continuous maintenance to be at its best; the same is true for your home. Simple tasks, done on schedule, can make your home a safer, more enjoyable place to live. Important items for your to-do list:
– Shut your exterior faucets off before the winter.
– Check the batteries in your smoke detectors each month.
– Clean your gutters.
– Test your sump pump each spring.
– Clean the coils under your refrigerator.
– Make sure your attic, bathroom and kitchen fans are in working order.
These maintenance tasks are easy to tackle. Once done, they will help reduce dirt on your floors and decrease any future mold risk.
* Clean up your air. Did you know indoor air can be five times dirtier than outdoor air? Did you know it can include respiratory irritants and common allergens like mold spores, fungus, pollen, mites and pet dander? Fortunately, these unappealing airborne invaders can be removed continuously by your home air filter. All you need to do is change the filter regularly, about every one to three months depending on your system. The problem – research shows up to 58 percent of us forget to do this regularly or simply don’t!
Canopy, a new subscription-based air filter service, addresses this clean air concern by providing its subscribers with the specific size and qualification air filter they need. These filters are provided on a specific schedule to save homeowners time, energy and money and to avoid a trip to a big box home care store. To learn more about how Canopy can help you improve the air quality in your home, visit canopyair.com.
* Make cleaning a family affair. A clean home is a happy, comfortable place everyone deserves but you don’t need to do it all by yourself. Encourage your entire family to work together instead. Children of all ages can help out with chores matched to their skill level. Set family rules that maximize home care and minimize cleaning chores. For example: no food outside of the kitchen, picking up towels and wiping down surfaces after a shower and removing shoes upon entering from outdoors. Your home is your sanctuary and it should feel that way all the time. Apply the tips above today, and your home will be a happier, healthier place in no time.
Brandpoint – Free Online Content
* What’s going on inside of a depressed person?
Watch ‘Do Dogs Get Depressed?’: http://bit.ly/1pb2GZi
Get Your FREE Audiobook: http://bit.ly/XIcZpz
—Links to follow us below—
Instagram and Twitter: @whalewatchmeplz and @mitchellmoffit
Clickable: http://bit.ly/16F1jeC and http://bit.ly/15J7ube
Vine: Search “AsapSCIENCE” on vine!
Written and created by Mitchell Moffit (twitter @mitchellmoffit) and Gregory Brown (twitter @whalewatchmeplz).
Role of serotonin:
Teen insomnia linked with depression, anxiety
Physical fitness can help prevent young adolescents’ depression, study finds
The Science of Depression
Health & Vitality: the Way to Good Health
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
Science-based Suggestions for self-confidence
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
5 ways to feel good while getting fit
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
When buying hearing aids: 6 essential things to know
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]
Is this why my ex wife never treated me with passion and we divorced?
I will tell my story for anyone who wants to lesson, I’m only 12 years old and i have social anxiety, i have changed multiple schools due to bullying and everyone thinking I’m weird, i had no one to play with since my siblings were all older than me and had no friends at all, i spent most of my time on the internet getting my childhood ruined day by day. I was going to be homeschooled this year since i didn’t seem to get along with people, but i decided to be strong and give school a chance so i changed to a new school promising myself not to ruin it this time, unfortunately i did
I don't feel like depression is science…. I dont know… I had suicidal thoughts for no reason last month and so on…
I feel that im depressed but i still won't claim i have it until i really get diagnosed.
You can try and numb the pain but it will never go away..
Guys I use to be a very happy person but when I was only 4 my parents divorced but I never knew what divorce even meant back then so I thought my dad just left me. My mum hates my dad but I still love him but I'm not allowed to have any contact with him till I'm 18 and I'm 13 right now. School is pretty tough for me ive been bullied in primary and secondary. I got a criminal record only when i was 10 because my "friend" peer pressured me to do so. and now i am just sad in class i break down and start crying out of nowhere i.. i don't feel stable and sometimes i feel like i want it to just end. But i tried to tell my mum but my mum just shouted at me saying "If i bring the social serveries back to our lifes i am gone from her life" and now I'm just confussed on what to do because i am not stable but i don't want to go to a care home I HATE MY LIFE !
i feel depressed because of being seen zoned on facebook what a nonsense 🙁
Ever since the girl of my dreams and I stopped talking, I’ve felt empty. I’m at a college that doesn’t feel like home and now when I go home for break it doesn’t feel the same. I’ve never really had serious suicidal thoughts but that’s probably only because I have a loving family.
I have depression but Im scard of telling my mom
What if someone just doesn't have the energy nor motivation to improve their life but they aren't necessarily sad? Is that Depression?
I'm tired depresion I have to kill or sucide my self
Can you please make a video about eating disorders?
I am depressed for no reason no one broke my heart i am depressed because people make fun of my skinniness and that i can't grow a beard and i am not rich i haven't felt good for decades when i see someone happy sadness strikes me i can't figure out what's going on with me i forgot the main reason of my depressed I'm depressed because i don't have a girlfriend and no girl likes to talk with me loneliness is the cause of my depression
Depression isn’t sadness.
I feel like alot of ppl develop that get over it attitude bec you cant really trust doctors/psychiatrists most just care about your money and alot of the time they give you medications that make it worse
virtual hug to all who suffer xo