(BPT) – Home is your sanctuary, your castle, the place where you feel the most secure and protected. It is natural to feel this way. So, it is not surprising that you store your prized possessions and valuables at home as well. But is that the best choice for all your valuables?
The recent wildfires in California are the latest in a string of devastating disasters to impact homeowners in the U.S. Together with the hurricanes along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts and tornadoes and flooding in the Midwest, residential property losses are expected to approach $ 100 billion according to CoreLogic. Making matters worse, as much as 80 percent of these losses are not insured. Together with the surge in residential burglaries over the last few years, it appears homes are under siege.
Because of these events, the cost of homeowners insurance is expected to increase dramatically in 2018 and beyond.
Now more than ever, you need a thoughtful examination of how best to protect your valuable possessions and to identify strategies to reduce your insurance costs.
These tips will help get you started:
* Create an inventory. Start with a written and video inventory of your prized possessions and valuables, including jewelry, cash or hard assets like gold, electronics, family heirlooms, and collectibles, such as coins, watches, or anything else that has monetary or sentimental value. Prioritize it starting with the highest value items first. With this as your starting point you can now begin putting a plan in place.
* Maintain secure off-site storage. On average, $ 2 billion of gold, silver and jewelry are stolen from homes each year and 93 percent of that property is never recovered, while fires and natural disasters destroy billions of dollars of valuable personal property every year. Using a safe deposit box to store these smaller valuables, cash, and collectibles substantially reduces the risk of loss from such events.
* Follow basic security rules.
– Don’t broadcast on social media when you are out of town for work or vacation.
– Leave lights on variable timers.
– Accompany repair or utility staff while in your home.
– Keep valuables out of sight and make sure to stop mail delivery while out of town.
– If you have a safe, make sure it is bolted down, preferably to a concrete floor.
* Evaluate your insurance. Standard homeowners or renters insurance places relatively low limits on jewelry, cash, and many other items. It also does not cover losses from flooding, earthquake, and hurricane unless you insure your valuables by a special endorsement or policy. Check your policy to see if you’re fully protected. If you rent a box, inexpensive safe deposit box insurance covers any property stored in your box against virtually all events. Additionally, using an insured safe deposit box can significantly reduce your insurance costs and give you the ability to insure items that are not covered under your homeowners policy.
* Have a disaster plan. You typically have advanced warning of flooding, most wildfires, and hurricanes. Know what you would take if you needed to flee your home, what you would place in your safe deposit box and where you would store items left behind. Place your important documents in your safe deposit box and store them digitally in the cloud where they can be accessed at any time.
Today, when the 100-year event seems to occur multiple times every year, these basic steps can help you begin to manage the real threat to some of your most valuable property.
For more details on protecting your valuables, go to www.sdbic.com/savemoney.
This is a review of Pokemon Shining Legends Collector Chest Feat. Pikachu Mew with Great Ball Colorway Deck Box. It’s our pleasure to present this.
- 5 PokÃ©mon TCG:Â Shining LegendsÂ booster packs
- 3 foil promo cards featuring Pikachu, Latias, and Latios
- A cool PokÃ©mon coin, 2 colorful sticker sheets, A collector’s album to store your favorite cards
- A PokÃ©mon notepad and 4 pencils & A code card for the PokÃ©mon TCG Online
- Additional Bonus includes a limited edition Pokemon inspired TopDeck Deck Box.
It’s a veritable treasure trove of fantastic PokÃ©mon Trading Card Game goodies in the Shining Legends Collector Chest! Which includes five booster packs from the Shining Legends expansion and three foil promo cards featuring Pikachu, Latias, and Latios. You’ll be able to keep track of your wins and write down valuable gameplay strategies with a PokÃ©mon notepad and four pencils. All this and more are packed away in a handy metal carrying case that is perfect for protecting your collection. Read the original review here…
List Price: $ 39.95
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B077X36QPJ”]
What is your opinion of 5 strategies for protecting your valuables? Feel free to leave a comment below.
* People, please wake up! There is a dangerous upcoming Economic collapse that is going to hit the U.S. Harder than 2008. It’s a great idea to start protecting your monetary assets in real valuables i.e. Precious Metals! You are not going to lose that as the actual value of the dollar will collapse. Please if not for yourselves do it for your families.
Precious Metals Silver, Gold, Palladium, Platinum, Copper Stacking!
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]