(BPT) – Writer Leigh Hunt once said, ‘The groundwork of all happiness is good health.’ It’s a mantra you heed because nothing is more important than your health. That’s why you watch what you eat, you exercise at least three times a week and you avoid tobacco or excessive alcohol use. You’re working hard to improve your body’s overall health, but there’s one integral part of your body that you have yet to focus your health regimen on – your eyes.
It’s easy to take your eyes for granted, but they remain one of your body’s most important organs and, like the rest of your body, they will benefit from your efforts to improve their health. To support your eyes and maintain a healthy lifestyle, incorporate these five tips today.
* Consult an eye care professional. Just as you visit your doctor for your yearly checkup, you should also visit your optometrist once a year to review your eye health. Your optometrist can answer any questions you have about your eyes, and the checkup can help identify eye concerns such as glaucoma, diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration, which otherwise have no warning signs.
* Read smart. Whether it’s the morning paper, your favorite weekly magazine or a page-turning thriller, reading is one of your favorite hobbies, but sometimes the page can be hard to see. In cases like this, support your eyes with Foster Grant(R) reading glasses. Foster Grant(R) offers high-quality, non-prescription reading glasses in a wide range of strengths suited for your individual eyes. These glasses are prescription-quality lens magnification without the prescription price, and they are available in a wide array of styles, allowing you to support your style as well as your health. Remember, 50 is the new 40, and there’s no reason you can’t look great and see great all at the same time.
* Give your eyes some downtime. If you spend long periods of time looking at a computer screen during the day, be sure to give your eyes a rest by employing the 20-20-20 rule. Look 20 feet away for 20 seconds after every 20 minutes of screen time to help reduce digital eyestrain.
* Embrace digital glasses options. Another solution to help limit digital eye strain caused from using tech devices is to add a pair of non-prescription digital eye glasses. Foster Grant(R) Eyezen(TM) Glasses not only help relax your eyes but also enhance your viewing experience. Most people spend at least 12 hours a day consuming media, according to The Vision Council’s 2016 Digital Eye Strain Report, Eyes Over Exposed: The Digital Device Dilemma. The report also found that it only takes as little as two hours in front of a screen to cause digital eye strain, so start protecting your eyes today.
* An apple a day. A healthy balanced diet benefits not just your overall health but your eyes as well. Carrots have a reputation for supporting eye health, but the most beneficial vegetables are leafy greens like kale or spinach. Collard greens and fish varieties like salmon, halibut and tuna can also help support your eye health, so add them to your next meal.
You’ve already taken the initiative to live a healthier, happier life, so don’t forget to add your eye health as well. By instituting these simple changes, you’ll be feeling and seeing your best. To learn more about reading and Eyezen digital glasses options from Foster Grant(R), visit http://fostergrant.com/.
Brandpoint – Free Online Content
* Never miss a talk! SUBSCRIBE to the TEDx channel: http://bit.ly/1FAg8hB
Sid is our resident hyperpolyglot. He grew up in Brazil and after some journeying around the world, he now lives an exciting life in New York where he works as a Sugar Trader.
Teaching has always been one of his passions and he has led groups of young leaders since 2006. He has given workshops, talks and classes in 3 different continents and is currently a Master Teacher in Skillshare where he teaches classes on nurturing happiness and learning foreign languages.
Sid is also the founder of I Embrace You (formerly called Hug Don’t Hate), based in Boston. After presiding over the organization and leading over 100 volunteers annually, he was recognized with the top leadership award in his graduating class at Boston University. He also holds an MBA from Purdue University and from Leibniz Universität. http://guywiththesmile.com
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
5 techniques to speak any language | Sid Efromovich | TEDxUpperEastSide
Health & Vitality: the Way to Good Health
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
Science-based Suggestions for self-confidence
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
5 ways to feel good while getting fit
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
When buying hearing aids: 6 essential things to know
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]
@hugsid @ Sid_Efromovich , at 4:24, it may not sound charming, but if you look at different ways spanish is spoken across latin america you will find that Costa Ricans don't roll their Rs…you may come off as inconsiderate and pretentious, as I hope you were not trying to be
One thing is to speak many languages w/ accent, the other isto talk perfectly all of them w/out accent, sounding like a native! I'd say he is Brazilian, perfect and standardized brazilian accent!!
If I'll try to smile for so long, I wont feel my face
Does he always like this?
How sad is my live if have cultural shock over guy smiling for 14 minutes
evey language is a character, define it and it's yours for the taking. i did an experiment on Japanese and it worked, for a while but forgotten coz seldom use it. bottom line is it worked.
His brazilian portuguese is awesome, sounds exactly like a native. Good job, mate.
top, parabéns.. o ser humano é incrível!
i am turkish, i can speak english in advance level but i am not like native though… i want to learn japanese and german…. to exchange languages(for english, turkishvs japanese and german) i can be a buddy for anyone…