(BPT) – Eight strawberries, a single serving, delivers on a surprising checklist of benefits for anyone looking to live a healthier lifestyle. Strawberries are much more than a sweet and delicious treat – they are a versatile fruit that’s great for your health. What better time than National Strawberry Month to share six health benefits of strawberries that may be new to you. Grab a handful of strawberries and read on, because eating right has never tasted so good.
* Strawberries help you stay sharp. A recent study in the Annals of Neurology suggests that eating strawberries more than twice a week appears to delay cognitive aging by up to two and a half years.
* Loaded with nutrients. Strawberries pack a lot of healthy properties into a small package. Each berry is full of beneficial antioxidants and nutrients, including potassium, folate and fiber.
* Sweet without the sugar. The sweet taste of strawberries makes them a natural dessert topping, and strawberries are also low in calories and sugar – one serving of eight strawberries contains just 45 calories!
* A delicious source of vitamin C. When you think vitamin C, think strawberries. One serving of eight strawberries has more vitamin C than an orange, topping out at 140 percent of the recommended daily value. It’s the perfect power-packed boost that you can add to any meal or cold remedy.
* A healthy choice for diabetics. The American Diabetes Association has identified berries, including strawberries, as a perfect component of a diabetes meal plan. This is because strawberries have a low glycemic index and are loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and dietary fiber.
* Cholesterol fighter. Lowering your cholesterol is a common goal for many Americans these days, and strawberries can help. In addition to being packed with antioxidants and fiber, strawberries are also rich in phytochemicals, which have been shown to reduce overall cholesterol levels. In addition, the potassium found in strawberries may help control blood pressure and fight strokes.
It’s easy to see why you should eat eight strawberries each day. Grab a handful today – your body and taste buds will be glad you did.
To learn more about the health benefits of strawberries, visit www.californiastrawberries.com.
* 3 Warning Signs Supplements Are More Harm Than Good by Life BuzzFeed | LifeBuzzFeed.com
Your body definitely needs vitamins to survive. But do you need to take vitamin supplements? Probably not. Most people can get everything they need from a varied enough diet. Some people do need to take certain vitamins. For example, the NHS advises pregnant women to take folic acid and people who don’t get enough sun exposure to take vitamin D. And vegans take vitamin B12 to supplement their plant-based diet…
10 Best Athlete Approved High Protein Cereals for Carb Sources by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgM5bvs_8Xo
9 Health Benefits of Eating Strawberries Everyday by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8wo_1iqJY
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Eating a Banana Every Day by Life BuzzFeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcRsrlX55Q
Top Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYhaNj_iYwk
Feed Your Insatiable Lust For Trivia With These 25 Random Facts by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDh_43zoVf0
Improve Your Sex Life 100% With This Surprising Secret by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-FdZdmEvc
Every Day Life Hacks 12 Simple Health Hacks You Can Use by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTGRo6MF2Zs
Interesting Things You Didn’t Know About Lingerie by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr_xXfk4eJs
21 Disasters in Logo Designs Will Make You Giggle Like A Naughty Boy by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fm1J2eHGk
7 Things Soda Does to Your Body by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUhOfx-Jl1w
Don’t Start A Day Without These Best 10 Healthy Foods by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-w7yFJPPlo
Healthy People Do These 12 Things Every Morning by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVsQv8spaxY
Special Ed Students Made Extra Special for their Awesome Teacher’s Wedding by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXJUbebOaM
Driving With Dogs Isn’t Safe… Look At These Tests by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaoYopLvCQs
You’ll Wish to be An Animal when see this Real Life Noah’s Ark by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWhl3Rj_EUA
This Dog Walks 4 Miles Every Day For A Reason You will Appreciate by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPZbGjx71pI
Adults Who Grown Up Is WAY Overrated by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5n7eWVesO8
Can’t Recognize These Movie Stars with MakeUp by Life BuzzFeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufS-j28JPog
Easy Ways to Workout Before Work by Life Buzzfeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb1AjT8ME2o
3 Warning Signs Supplements Are More Harm Than Good by Life BuzzFeed
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]