(BPT) – Losing weight and increasing exercise commonly make the top of New Year’s resolution lists. Yet many people fall short of their wellness goals each year. What can you do differently in 2017 to ensure you’re among those who succeed?
“Mental health and taking time for yourself can greatly improve your chances of achieving your health and wellness goals,” says the Mayo Clinic. “It’s important to realize that changing any behavior is often a complex process that requires you to address the mental as well as physical aspects of the change you want to achieve.”
Below are helpful strategies from the wellness professionals at Mayo Clinic to assist you in achieving your goals this year:
Be on your mental game
Weight loss is a common New Year’s resolution goal, but to achieve it, you’ll likely need to do more than simply change your eating habits. Behaviors, thoughts and emotions may be playing a role in keeping you from shedding pounds. For example, not getting enough sleep can thwart better eating and exercise habits. Sleep deprivation can hinder your ability to control your emotions, interfere with positive thought processes and make you too tired to exercise regularly.
Being aware of factors that contribute to negative habits not only can help you succeed, it can also help you sustain the changes.
Be aware of self-talk
Everyone has an integral dialogue, and it’s the voice we all believe the most. Is yours negative or positive? The voice of your self-talk can greatly affect your confidence level. Pay attention to your self-talk and evaluate if what you’re telling yourself is actually true.
When self-talk turns negative, try to challenge it and find a more positive way to look at the situation. For example, turn “I always fail at losing weight because I eat too much” into “I enjoy eating fruits and vegetables and can easily eat three servings a day.”
It will take time and practice to learn how to turn negative self-talk into positive, so be patient with yourself.
Fight boredom with fun and creativity
People fail at wellness goals for many reasons, including boredom. Approaching your goals with a creative and fun attitude can help keep them fresh and exciting — and keep you on track!
Try learning something new or vary your routine. For example, try a new recipe or modify your usual food choices. Learn to use a new piece of equipment at the gym, or take an exercise class to learn something you’ve always wanted to do.
Dance around the house, take a healthy cooking class, read a book, travel, check an item off your bucket list or create a list if you don’t have one. However you define “fun,” if you enjoy what you’re doing, you’re more likely to want to keep doing it.
Prepare to overcome setbacks
No matter how committed you are to a goal, setbacks are normal. Don’t let them derail you. Planning for setbacks and how you’ll overcome them can help you stay on track for the long term.
When planning how you’ll reach a desired behavior change, try including some what-if scenarios. For example, if your fitness routine includes a yoga class after work and you get delayed, think about what you could do to still meet your exercise goal. You might be able to substitute another class or use body weight exercises at home. Having a back-up plan in case your original goal doesn’t work out can help you avoid “all-or-nothing” thinking.
If you experience a setback, be compassionate with yourself; change is rarely easy. Giving yourself a break will help you dust yourself off and get back on track.
By taking a mindful and proactive approach to your health, you’ll be on the way towards achieving your wellness goals through 2017 and beyond. To learn more about healthy living, visit www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle. For more information on customized wellness programs at Mayo Clinic, view our Healthy Living Program.
Brandpoint – Free Online Content
* 1. Best Practices and Success Stories towards Effective Growth Strategies for the Soaring Russian Healthcare Market Key lessons and best practices fundamental to procure rewards from the concealed open door in Russia Healthcare September 4, 2013 © 2013 Frost & Sullivan. All rights held. This record contains exceptionally secret data and is the sole property of Frost & Sullivan. No piece of it might be flowed, cited, duplicated or overall imitated without the composed regard of Frost & Sullivan.
2. 2 Today’s Presenters 25 years of medicinal services advertising counseling skill, which incorporates connecting with worldwide customers to create and actualize development procedures. Broad ability in item dispatches, repositioning studies, estimating, due determination and corporate procedure working with worldwide main 25 organizations crosswise over health awareness portions. Reenita Das, Partner Healthcare & Life Sciences USA Siddharth Saha, Research Director Healthcare United Kingdom Vitaliy Lehkvyy, Senior Consultant Moscow Dmitry Raspopov, Healthcare Analyst Moscow 15 years following health awareness industry drifts in Europe and the developing markets. Giving thought administration and broad view business ramifications of examination conclusions to business and official groups inside customer associations in the health awareness industry. 3 years of involvement in statistical surveying and counseling in the social insurance markets. The center skills incorporate – industry key examination, aggressive investigation and benchmarking, nation economy and approach investigation among different parts of the social insurance industry. 5 years of exploration and counseling background, with mastery in business appraisal, aggressive and approach examination, item benchmarking. Experience base covering expansive scope of areas: Healthcare, money related administrations, ICT, influence era and environment among others.
3. 3 Focus Points Covered in Today’s Briefing An Outlook on the Russian Healthcare Markets • Fundamentals of the Russian Healthcare Industry • Continued Growth Across Healthcare Segments • Top Opportunities in Life Sciences and Medical Technologies • Notable Business Models in Russia
4. 4 Fundamentals of the Russian Healthcare Industry
5. 5 Why Does Russia Continue to be an Attractive Market? The Metrics are Improving • Expenditure on medicinal services – as a fragment of general family utilization – has about multiplied in the previous five years • Quantum jump out in the open division use to enhance framework The Russian economy is guage to extend at a CAGR of 3.6% in 2012- 2017, be that as it may, health awareness consumption as a % of GDP is beneath the OECD normal of 9.6% • Healthcare Development Program 2020 with plan dispensed for particular projects • Strategy for Drug Provision • Technology Transfer and Commercialization Support Total Pharmaceuticals market ~ billion, developing at 9.5% Medical Technologies portion esteemed at ~ billion, developing at 13.9% Nearly 1 million more surgical strategies led when contrasted with 2000 Retail offers of medications by ATC gatherings expanded by 120 million bundles for Cardiovascular, 79 million for rheumatology Source: Frost & Sullivan investigation.
6. 6 Why Does Russia Continue to be an Attractive Market? The Policies are Changing 2 Strategy for Drugs Provision until 2025 Looking to address the interest supply unevenness, conveyance and get to and repayment and last yet not the minimum mindfulness and instruction 3 Strategy for Medical Science Development Looking to empower the exchange of advancement and innovation to connected medication – right trough from framework improvement to commercialization of items 1 Healthcare Development Program 2020 11 sub-programs with an expense of 0 bn, tending to horribleness, mortality, training, wellbeing administration procurement, diagnostics and treatment and nature of human capital 4 Development of Pharma and Medical Devices Industry 2013-2020 Creation of aggressive and imaginative Russian Pharma and Devices Industry sub parts in the long haul
7. 7 Perseverance Needed to Deal with the Headwinds Timing, Positioning and Strategy are Key Source: Frost & Sullivan investigation. Utilizing on the open door does not come simple, with the complexities acquainted due with orders for restriction & import limitations and in addition the inflexible view of clinicians and buyers alike • Import confinements on completed merchandise • Mandate to build the localisation content • Restrictions on import of medications • Lengthy enlistment forms • Will the 2020 arrangement really work out? • Will the far flung zones in the Country understand the profits of financing • Will strategy be predictable? Circulation difficulties Budgets for acquirement Switch criteria for end clients Ideal neighborhood accomplice determination
Best Practices & Success Stories towards Effective Growth Strategies for Russian Healthcare Market
Health & Vitality: the Way to Good Health
Start living a healthy life now: Here is your 7-day plan ==> Having sworn to yourself that you’ll go to the gym in the morning, how many times have you changed your mind after you woke up and did not feel like working out? We all have days when we lose our motivation to get […]
Science-based Suggestions for self-confidence
A recent study shows your perception of your own image has a profound effect on how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Those findings could be empowering since even small changes to your self-care routine can significantly boost your self-confidence. The study by researchers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business found […]
5 ways to feel good while getting fit
(BPT) – Setting intentions is a powerful thing. Then when you have that shiny new gym membership in hand, you feel like nothing stands between you and your goals to get in shape once and for all. Trouble is, lack of motivation, unpreparedness and busy schedules have a way of interfering with our plans. If […]
When buying hearing aids: 6 essential things to know
(BPT) – Being an informed health care consumer is hard work. There is information everywhere. But how do you sift through it and make sense of it all? And how do you know what is reliable and what isn’t? Sorting through the noise when buying hearing aids is no exception. In the past several months, […]