The Digital Fitness Channel adds monthly, themed 20-minute Yoga, Cardio, Interval Training and Strength Training workouts; Led by Kristin McGee, Amanda Young, Gerren Liles, and Deazie Gibson; Plus “members only” community with Motivational Coach Alison Heilig
SILVER SPRING, Md., Jan. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Quickly becoming a go-to destination for health-conscious consumers looking for convenient and effective ways to keep their exercise regimens fun and fresh, Acacia TV, RLJ Entertainment’s proprietary digital fitness channel, now features even more diverse, user-friendly routines with four new themed workouts added every month. The new workouts focus on yoga with celebrity trainer and Health magazine columnist Kristin McGee, strength training with New York City fitness instructor Deazie Gibson, interval training with ReebokONE ambassador Gerren Liles, and cardio with Lululemon ambassador and Equinox instructor Amanda Young. Acacia TV is a subscription-based streaming service accessible at US.Acacia.TV, on Samsung Smart TVs, through Safari browsers on iPhones and iPads, and through its Roku channel. Members have complete access to more than 100 workouts in a diverse range of disciplines which they can stream anywhere at anytime.
Each new month of workouts has a theme, and the focus for January is strength. The new 20-minute workouts available now include Yoga Strength Workout with Kristin McGee, Strength Training with Deazie Gibson, Interval Training with Gerren Liles, and Cardio Boot Camp with Amanda Young. Future themes include core, power and endurance.
In addition to the new workouts, Acacia TV will be modeling an elite gym by creating a strong sense of community with a new private Facebook community for members only — featuring Coach Alison Heilig, a certified running coach who offers daily motivation and fitness tips. Acacia TV will also be celebrating the achievements of one member each month with the Member of the Month program.
Acacia TV General Manager Allison Rand noted, “We are extremely excited to offer our subscribers new, themed content on a monthly basis. We conducted a lengthy search for the most inspirational, personable, and effective fitness instructors, so we’re thrilled to introduce Kristin, Deazie, Gerren and Amanda to our members. Our new Facebook community provides us with a great opportunity to work more closely with our subscribers and ensure we’re not only meeting but exceeding their fitness needs.”
New to Acacia TV:
- Kristin McGee (Yoga) is a celebrity yoga and Pilates instructor in New York City. Kristin contributes to Health.com/Health magazine, has created several fitness videos, and has trained celebrities such as Tina Fey, Savannah Guthrie, Steve Martin, and Bethenny Frankel in Acacia’s Body by Bethenny workout DVD. kristinmcgee.com
- Deazie Gibson (Strength Training) is an international group fitness instructor and personal trainer in New York City. Deazie is well known for applying her D3 Lifestyle (Drive, Discipline and Determination) in every aspect of her life. deazie.com
- Gerren Liles (Interval Training) is a popular Equinox instructor and ReebokONE ambassador. He was rated #6 on RateYourBurn.com’s Top 20 NYC Bootcamp/Strength Instructors (2012). Gerren has helped to launch several of Equinox’s signature programs, including ViPR, Shockwave, and Equinox Training Camp. gerrenliles.com
- Amanda Young (Cardio) has been a group fitness instructor and social worker for over 15 years. She holds several fitness and training certifications, teaches at Equinox, and consults for fitness companies such as Reebok and Lululemon.
- Corey Smallwood (Fitness Programmer) develops each of the monthly workouts and works with the instructors to customize them to their individual styles. Corey has been a certified trainer for 16 years, works as a consultant to celebrity gym owners, and owns the GoPerformance gym in Clarksburg, MD.
- Alison Heilig (Fitness and Motivational Coach) is a fitness instructor and RRCA-certified running coach. She draws from experiences and lessons learned on her own journey from an unhealthy and inactive young adult to a now 70-pound lighter marathon runner and fitness enthusiast. Through its new Facebook community, Alison will inspire Acacia TV members to establish goals, identify barriers to progress, develop and maintain focus, seek ways to enrich their own lives and have fun getting in shape.
Acacia TV workouts include yoga, strength training, dance, barre, Pilates, abs and core, pregnancy, low impact, therapeutic, cardio, tai chi and kettlebell, among many others. The channel is for all fitness levels, offering workouts from beginners through advanced. Since 2006, Acacia has been a leading producer of original and award-winning yoga, fitness and wellness DVD programming. Acacia features fun, results-oriented workouts with consistently high production values and expert, authentic instruction.
Acacia TV’s workouts feature many of the top fitness instructors in the country including multiple workouts from the world’s leading female yoga instructor Shiva Rea, the critically-acclaimed, best-selling Core Fusion DVD series from exhale spa’s Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp, workouts from SparkPeople’s top trainer Nicole Nichols, a beginner’s workout from the leading kettlebell master instructor Paul Katami, fitness icon Kathy Smith, celebrities like talk show host Bethenny Frankel and Olympic gold medalist Kristi Yamaguchi, Power Boxing Workout with Olympic medalist Marlen Esparza, and the first workout from popular brand R.I.P.P.E.D. The channel also features several workouts for exercisers over 50 with Ageless with Kathy Smith, Yoga to the Rescue with Desiree Rumbaugh, Keeping Fit in Your 50s, Arthritis Rx and Lisa Whelchel’s Everyday Workout for the Everyday Woman.
Consumers can easily try out the service with its 10-day free trial. After the trial, Acacia TV offers three different subscription options: monthly access ($6.99), 90-Day Burn ($14.99) or yearly subscription ($49.99). There are no commercials or popup ads on Acacia TV.
Full access to Acacia TV is available to press upon request.
To watch Acacia TV via computers, iPhones, iPads, etc.: US.Acacia.TV
To add the Acacia TV channel on your Roku: https://owner.roku.com/add/acaciatv
To add the Acacia TV on your Samsung Smart TV visit the App section.
RLJ Entertainment, Inc. (RLJE) is a premier independent owner, developer, licensee, and distributor of entertainment content and programming in primarily North America, the United Kingdom, and Australia. RLJE is a leader in numerous genres via its owned and distributed brands such as Acorn (British TV), Image (feature films, stand-up comedy), UMC (urban), Acacia (fitness), Athena (documentaries), and Madacy (gift sets). These titles are distributed in multiple formats including broadcast television (including satellite and cable), theatrical and non-theatrical, DVD, Blu-Ray, digital download, and digital streaming.
Via its relationship with Agatha Christie Limited, a company that RLJE owns 64% of, RLJE manages the intellectual property and publishing rights to some of the greatest works of mystery fiction, including stories of the iconic sleuths Miss Marple and Poirot. RLJE also owns all rights to the hit UK mystery series Foyle’s War.
RLJE leverages its management experience to acquire, distribute and monetize existing and original content for its many distribution channels, including its branded digital subscription channels, Acorn TV, Acacia TV, and UMC, and engages distinct audiences with programming that appeals directly to their unique viewing interests. Through its proprietary e-commerce web sites and print catalogs for the Acorn and Acacia brands, RLJE has direct contacts and billing relationships with millions of consumers.
- Amanda Young
- fitness instructor
- Interval Training
- ^ US.Acacia.TV (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ kristinmcgee.com (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ deazie.com (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ Equinox (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ gerrenliles.com (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ US.Acacia.TV (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ https://owner.roku.com/add/acaciatv (www.globenewswire.com)
- ^ RLJE (finance.yahoo.com)
The Zone Tone Breakthrough: Unleashing The Mind Muscle Connection For Accelerated Fat Loss, Lean Muscle, and Elite Conditioning (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 7 times
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 01:24:52 GMT The Zone Tone Breakthrough: Unleashing The Mind Muscle Connection For Accelerated Fat Loss, Lean Muscle, and Elite Conditioning (Kindle Edition)By James Villepigue Buy new: $6.99 Customer tags: health(7), exercise(7), fitness(7), fitness tips(7), get in shape(7), bodybuilding(7), athletics(7), fat loss(6), muscle gain(6), build muscle(6), sports psychology(3), mind to muscle(3) http://www.amazon.com/The-Zone-Tone-Breakthrough-Conditioning-ebook/dp/B00A6K4HFS/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 5 times
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:56:15 GMT Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition)By Lisa Jeffreys Buy new: $0.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: fitness tips(5), exercise tips(4), fitness(4), exercise program(3), female fitness(3), easy recipes(3), exercise and fitness(3), fitness and diet(3), gym working out, health tips http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Fitness-Tips-Volume-2-ebook/dp/B0087QFRES/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Rumer Willis' Personal Trainer Reveals Workout and Fitness Tips …
Don't give up on that New Year's resolution yet! Personal trainer Mike Donavanik who works with celebrities such as Rumer Willis shares his top fitness tips with Us Weekly to keep you on that healthy track in 2015. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rumer-willis-personal-trainer-reveals-workout-and-fitness-tips-2015111
Fitness Tips: Yoga, HIIT, Strength Training, & More Trends for 2015 …
2014 was the year that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) exercise peakedlast year it topped the American College of Sports Medicine's predictions for the top fitness trends. This year, it slides to No. 2, while bodyweight … http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/10-biggest-fitness-trends-2015