Nutritionist Keri Glassman, who regularly shares her expertise on Access Hollywood and Access Hollywood Live, is answering your nutrition, diet, and health questions.
Want to know which foods to curb sugar cravings? Or, what should you eat before a workout? Ask Keri anything, HERE !
PLAY IT NOW: 101 Recipes You Can’t Live Without: The Prevention Cookbook Demonstration
This week’s question…
“I’ve always been told that when it comes time to lose weight, I need to check the technology at the door. But lately I’ve been hearing that technology can help, not hinder, my weight loss! Do you have any suggestions for how to do this in the New Year?” -Elizabeth C., NY, NY
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Body After Baby: Stars Who Slimmed Down After Giving Birth 
Once upon a time we may have viewed technology as a bridge to a sedentary lifestyle and an easy path to weight gain. But in recent years technology has evolved and provided us with efficient platforms to improve our health and nutrition. If you haven’t already, it’s time to embrace the “tech-age” and ring in the New Year (literally, ring) with ways to use electronics to your advantage. Looks like your thumbs won’t be the only thing that gets a workout in 2013!
1) Accountability: Getting in shape is always easier (and more fun!) when you have a buddy to do it with. The buddy-system keeps us focused and motivated to stick to our healthy routines. Accessible platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google Hangout, Skype and even text message (I use ALL of these platforms to help my clients!) have made communication as simple and routine as brushing our teeth in the morning. No excuses… as long as technology is around, we can use it to our advantage for staying in touch and being accountable to our health and fitness buddies. So find a friend. It doesn’t have to be your best friend or even one on your side of the country. Just pick someone who can check in on you, get fit with you, and encourage and support you (as long as you do the same for them). And if you’re having trouble finding a buddy? Well, there’s an app for that…
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Hottest Beach Bodies — The Guys! 
2) There’s an app for that! As if you need yet another reason to love technology, there are a whole slew of new apps geared towards leading a healthier lifestyle. Need a 5-minute arm workout? There’s an app for that. Need some motivational tips? Yup, there’s an app for that, too. Need an eight-second breath counter? Well, you already know the answer to that. Whether your goal is to lose weight, exercise more, or eat healthier, there are apps that help with just about anything. These programs allow you to set calorie allowances for yourself, track your progress (literally, some of them have GPS trackers that can actually monitor your routine), and even help you find a fitness buddy. If you don’t want to spend money on a personal trainer then you’re in luck because many apps are essentially digital personal trainers that work with you to help you reach your goals. A new study found that people who used smartphones to coach their weight loss programs lost more weight than those who enrolled in standard weight loss programs (I love Pear Sports for this option!) So take a look at your past diet history and see what hasn’t worked for you because most likely, there’s an app that can combat that diet woe. What are you waiting for? With the click of a button get on the app-bandwagon!
3) Educate anywhere: Ever find yourself feeling a little puzzled when strolling down the supermarket aisles, staring at a dinner menu while at a restaurant, or even just peering into your own fridge? Well, no matter where you are, you have access to a little something called, the internet. Brown rice vs. quinoa? Bikram yoga vs. Vinyasa flow? Look it up! With convenient and easy-to-use technology you’ll have a one-stop shop for news and tips from expert sources (I love the new MSN on Windows 8 for this!). With the world at your fingertips, you’ll know which aisles in the supermarket to veer away from, which dinner entre is the better option, and how to whip up a delicious and healthy stir fry from the ingredients in your own fridge! Take advantage of the fact that you can get answers as easy as 1, 2, 3 and educate yourself in the new year!
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Workin’ Up A Sweat With Stars Staying Fit 
— Terri MacLeod & Keri Glassman
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- ^ HERE (www.facebook.com)
- ^ PLAY IT NOW: 101 Recipes You Can’t Live Without: The Prevention Cookbook Demonstration (www.accesshollywood.com)
- ^ VIEW THE PHOTOS: Body After Baby: Stars Who Slimmed Down After Giving Birth (www.accesshollywood.com)
- ^ VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Hottest Beach Bodies — The Guys! (www.accesshollywood.com)
- ^ VIEW THE PHOTOS: Workin’ Up A Sweat With Stars Staying Fit (www.accesshollywood.com)
- ^ Keri Glassman (twitter.com)
- ^ NBC Universal, Inc (www.nbc.com)
Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback) tagged “weight loss tips” 95 times
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:29:04 GMT Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback)By D K Evans Click for more info Customer Rating: Customer tags: natural weight loss(97), weight loss(96), weight loss tips(95), healthy living(6), natural remedies(5), how to lose weight(5), d k evans(3), diet reviews(3), terri bork http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Weight-Loss-Secrets-REVEALED/dp/1453630325/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Weight Off (Kindle Edition) tagged “weight loss tips” 74 times
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:56:20 GMT Weight Off (Kindle Edition)By Linda Corby Buy new: $2.99 Customer tags: weight control(124), weight(123), fat loss(121), fat free(118), obesity loss(117), weight loss(116), weight loss help(116), healthy weight loss(115), my weight loss(113), how i lost weight(113), weight loss tips(74), weight management(72) http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Off-ebook/dp/B004FV540G/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Weight Loss Diet Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Weight [Expert …
The first thing that comes to mind when considering healthy weight is exercise and a weight loss diet. Definitely, exercise is very important to lose those excess pounds and unnecessary fats, but it can't be the only solution. http://healthmeup.com/news-weight-loss/weight-loss-diet-tips-for-maintaining-a-healthy-weight-expert-advice/18358
Kelly shares her weight loss tips This Is Jersey
Kelly Osbourne has launched a new campaign to help people get in shape. http://www.thisisjersey.com/lifestyle/showbiz-news/2012/12/20/kelly-shares-her-weight-loss-tips/
Yoga Books & DVD’s Lot 6 Weight Loss Fitness Work Out Beginners Tips
100 Weight-Loss Tips That Really Work by Fred A. Stutman (2006, Paperback)
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 HealthNutFitness
Click here for more information about 'Healthy Hollywood: Ask Keri Glassman -- Does Technology Help Or Hurt Weight Loss?'.