Seattle, WA (PRWEB) November 29, 2013
Guilty indulgences are expected during the holidays, but fitness guru and author Jerrod Sessler believes that this is one of the best times to get fit and start early on those forthcoming New Years resolutions. Sessler has pulled his top five tips for getting fit during the holidays from his most recent book, The Five Minute Workout.
5. Get Inspired I read Jim Collins story of the 20 Mile March and it really challenged my thinking about fitness. I was inspired to make slight changes to my health habits that would reap gigantic rewards. Look for your own inspiration from a person, song, or book that has significant meaning to you. The source of your inspiration doesnt matter, just look for ways that will encourage you to continue in your health resolutions. The results will likely lead to a more fit, healthy and happy you!
4. Know Your Food Most of what we eat is not actually food. Real food is grown on a tree or in the ground. Real food is raw, fresh, and alive. Real food is packed with life-giving nutrients. This holiday season commit to eating real food. Think about it this way…if you skip eating the stuff that isn’t actually food (junk), will you remember it in a week? Will you even remember it the next morning? Of course not! Skip the junk, focus on enjoying the people around you and before you know it you will look in the mirror and be amazedand happy!
3. Twenty Minutes in the Kitchen Saves 2 Hours at the Gym Making healthy food for yourself and your family can be fun and rewarding. You will feel great, sleep better, and enjoy more of your life! Ditch the delivery and enjoy time with your family by cooking food together.
2. Five Minutes of Exercise per Day Equals 30 Hours a Year Instead of ignoring exercise, and telling yourself that you will get into the gym once January arrives, start now with a little bit of exercise every day. If you cannot hit the gym, then do a simple circuit routine of push-ups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, and stationary running. If that sounds crazy then set a reminder on your phone to exercise 1-minute per hour, every hour, throughout the day. Do that a few times per day and it will add up to big results.
1. Think Long-Term Your commitment to health is a life-long endeavor. Do not get frustrated just because youre not where you want to be after a week or two of changing your health habits. To help you along the way, take photos when you start and then take another photo once a month. Post the photos in successive order, alongside a photo of the abs, rear-end, legs, or arms that you eventually want to emulate. Celebrate your progress. Stay committed to the process for at least a year and you will see enough change that you will be hooked for life!
ABOUT JERROD SESSLER
Jerrod Sessler has enjoyed a successful career as the CEO of HomeTask, an online portal where customers can arrange for services to be done on their home or business. HomeTask is also a multi-franchisor of brands, one of which is Freggies, an organic food delivery business that grew out of Sesslers garage, with the hope that quality, organic food could be delivered to anyone who wanted it, at a reasonable price. Jerrods passion and knowledge for health grew after he was diagnosed with cancer in 1999. Always the innovator, instead of pursuing conventional treatment, Jerrod chose a plant-based diet and is thrilled to report that he is cancer free and full of life. Jerrod hopes to share his passion and mission with others through private speaking and his books, which now include The 5% Chance, The Five Minute Workout, and his forthcoming book, Food Chains. For more information about Jerrod, visit http://about.me/jsessler or to order The Five Minute Workout visit http://www.amazon.com/5-Minute-Workout-Jerrod-Sessler/dp/0989699714
- ^ The Five Minute Workout (www.amazon.com)
- ^ CEO of HomeTask (www.hometask.com)
- ^ http://about.me/jsessler (about.me)
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/5-Minute-Workout-Jerrod-Sessler/dp/0989699714 (www.amazon.com)
Quick workout tips to help get your exercise routine in gear …
There's no reason why a 10-minute home routine or short gym visits can't give you results, which makes it easier to keep that resolution well into spring. http://www.pennlive.com/bodyandmind/index.ssf/2013/11/quick_workout_tips_to_help_get.html
8 Winter Workout Tips – Our Blog – LifeTime WeightLoss
With the onset of the holidays and the colder months, it's officially that time of year when the average American gains a few extra pounds. Sure, the holiday meals, treats and party food are significant contributors as are the … http://www.lifetime-weightloss.com/blog/2013/12/2/8-winter-workout-tips.html