By Andrea Warshaw Wernick
Getting and staying fit can be a challenge. For many of us, its hard to begin a program, let alone get off the couch. Here are 10 tips to help you get started and stay in a workout program, which will be particularly important as we head into the holiday season!
1) Be consistent: It’s important that you’re consistent in anything you do in life. When working out you must be committed to at least three days a week. No exercise out there will work if you’re not consistent.
2) Get and stay motivated: Try reading and watching videos about other peoples success in their workouts. It’s a great way to motivate yourself and keep you on the right track toward your own success. Treat working out like an important meeting. Add your workout time to your calendar. By doing so, you make training an important time of the day. This strategy helps you maintain your commitment.
3) Your work out plan must fit your lifestyle: Too busy to get to the gym? Want to workout at home? There are many exercise videos that you can buy or download. You can also join workout classes on select TV stations. All you need is an area in your home that can fit a mat or towel and youre set to go. You can actually download my free At Home Workout video with my trainer Paul here:http://www.fabatanyage.com/store/fitandfabulous/
If you are working at home you should also have some simple tools to work with. Here is a video that I made that will explain the six must-have tools for a full at home workout! http://fabatanyage.com/2013/03/6-must-have-tools-for-working-out-at-home/ 4) Know your body clock: Try to work out at the time you have the most energy. If you’re a morning person, work out early in the day. If you’re a night person, train in the afternoon or evening. Working out while you have the most energy will yield the best results. 5) Work out with a friend: Encourage one another by exercising together. Its always motivating if you have someone that’s interested in working out with you as well. You will keep each other on track. This is also a great way to bond with a buddy while getting in shape. 6) Hire a personal trainer: Hire a professional even it its for a short time. It’s important to learn the proper technique for your personal routine and how to breathe correctly. 7) Work out with weights: Working out with weights helps create muscle mass and reshapes the body. Strength training speeds up your metabolism and increases your muscle mass. More muscle mass means that you burn more calories, whether you are exercising or resting. Just remember to rest muscles a day or two after your workout.
8) Cardio is a must: Cardio exercise – going on the treadmill or the stationary bicycle – should be the last thing you do at the gym, because it helps your body recover by increasing blood flow to the muscles, and flushing out lactic acid, which builds up in the muscles while you’re weight training. Its the lactic acid that makes your muscles feel stiff and sore. 9) Stretch like a cat: Dont forget to stretch after your work out. Try stretching by moving your body into a position where you feel the stretch. Try to hold it at least 30 seconds and breathe in deeply and exhale. Visualize your muscles stretching and feeling good. Don’t force your stretch or move too quickly. 10) Be Realistic: Be patient with your work out. Don’t set unrealistic goals. Just focus on what you can do and each time you do it, try to do a little more. Lets say that youre starting to speed walk each day. Begin at 20 minutes and increase the walking time a few weeks after. That will keep you on track and you will perfect your workout as time goes by. All these workout tips are really important. However the most important tips are not to set unrealistic goals for yourself and always be consistent! My mantra is Keep On Moving.
Andrea Warshaw-Wernick comes to your rescue when your life needs a redesign inside and out. Andrea, who is in her 60s but looks like she could be in her 40s, is an expert in the stage of a woman’s life she calls “Chapter Two”. Andrea is the founder of the boomer website http://fabatanyage.com/ and shelaunched the Fabulous Forever Programhttp://fabatanyage.com/fabulousforever/ to help women 45 years and over achieve their life and style goals. Want Andrea to help you refresh your life? Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, check out Andrea on Lifetimes new hit show, Million Dollar Shoppers, Thursday, Nov. 7 at 10 p.m. EST.
- ^ http://www.fabatanyage.com/store/fitandfabulous/ (www.fabatanyage.com)
Roundup: Erin Andrews Workout Tips, Snapchat Turns Down …
Roundup: Erin Andrews Workout Tips, Snapchat Turns Down Billions, Is Andy Kaufman Alive? By Stephen Douglas November 14, 2013 8:15 am ET @Stephen_Douglas. 1. SHARE ON FACEBOOK. 1.1k. SHARE ON TWITTERTWEET. EMAIL. http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/14/erin-andrews-workout-snapchat-turns-down-billions-andy-kaufman-alive/
Don Jon: Workout Tips with Joseph Gordon-Levitt | TotalFilm.com
Movie news from Don Jon: Workout Tips with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. http://www.totalfilm.com/features/don-jon-workout-tips-with-joseph-gordon-levitt