LAs collection of grill tips helps develop healthy habits for BBQ season.
Greensboro, NC (PRWEB) September 12, 2012
Typically, summer barbeques conjure up images of juicy burgers, slow-roasted ribs or finely marbled steaks. In the culinary world, fat equals flavor a dieters nightmare! But just because people look to lose weight doesnt mean they shouldnt enjoy flavorful fare hot off the barbeque along with friends and family.
LA Weight Loss, one of Americas leading companies for healthy weight loss, recently published its Good Grilling guide so people can go beyond the burger to enjoy healthy, delicious barbeque creations. Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has transformed millions of lives by providing personalized diet programs and nutritious real foods available anytime, anywhere. LAs Good Grilling Guide is a collection of mouthwatering recipes and handy tips.
Its time to get grilling the LA Weight Loss way. Barbeque galore to a leaner, healthier lifestyle with LAs Good Grilling cookbook, available online or in-center, and check out these sizzling weight loss tips to get started no recipe required!
Be Picky about Protein
The USDA regulates which cuts of beef can be called lean or extra-lean based on fat and cholesterol content. Cuts of lean beef include strip, tenderloin and T-bone steak, while cuts of extra-lean beef include top sirloin steak.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lower in fat and perfect for marinades, but need to be monitored closely to prevent overcooking. Try grilling your chicken with the skin on this is a great way to keep chicken moist. When the chicken is cooked, remove the skin to eliminate unnecessary fat and calories and apply a flavorful, lower calorie sauce.
- Burgers arent all bad: Avoid frozen, processed patties and make your own instead. Choose extra-lean ground beef, turkey or even chicken. Season with garlic powder, onion powder as well as onion and whole eggs. Get the family in on the action letting kids press together perfectly portioned patties ready to wrap and freeze. Barbeque at a later date for a new, healthier take on fast food!
Best-dressed at the BBQ
- Marinades, bastes and glazes mean that lunch can go from lean to calorie-laden in an instant. When preparing the food, try marinating chicken and pork tenderloin in fat-free Italian salad dressing. Or make a marinade with acidic fruit such as lemons and limes and spices such as basil, garlic and oregano.
- Give sodium the rub: Pre-made seasoning rubs can be loaded with salt, causing unwanted bloating and elevating sodium intake unnecessarily. Get creative in the kitchen and create from scratch! Make a mild chili powder with paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Just mix and store in an airtight container.
- Dress pasta and potato salads with a fat-free Italian or balsamic vinaigrette instead of a mayonnaise-based dressing to cut the fat not the flavor.
Sizzling Sides and Sweet Endings
- Make corn pop with flavor and grill the cobs. Top with a mixture of reduced-fat margarine mixed with lemon zest, cilantro and cayenne pepper.
- End on a sweet note with nutrient-rich cherries and berries or enjoy a grilled apple quartered and sprinkled with cinnamon. Unlike the perennial summer favorite watermelon fruits like peaches, nectarines and apples are great on the grill and readily available, already in ideal individual serving sizes!
Barbeques are a great way to gather together with family and friends, and enjoy fresh, delicious food hot off the grill, said Caroline Kolompar, Chief Marketing Officer of LA Weight Loss Centers. With LA Weight Loss, you can enjoy real food with your friends and family during summer get-togethers and still meet your weight loss goals.
About LA Weight Loss
Since 1997, LA Weight Loss has helped millions of people reach their long-term weight loss goals. Whether clients visit an LA Weight Loss center for one-on-one counseling or opt for the convenience of the at-home program, members lose an average of one to two pounds per week and learn how to keep it off for good. At LA Weight Loss, healthy living is not just for the rich and famous its for everyone. For more information about LA Weight Loss, visit http://www.LAWeightLoss.com.
Caroline Kolompar LA Weight Loss 877-237-7225 Email Information
- ^ LA Weight Loss (www.laweightloss.com)
- ^ LA Weight Loss Tips (www.laweightloss.com)
- ^ http://www.LAWeightLoss.com (www.LAWeightLoss.com)
- ^ Email Information (www.prweb.com)
Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback) tagged “weight loss tips” 95 times
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:29:04 GMT Natural Weight Loss Secrets REVEALED: How To Lose Weight Naturally (Paperback)By D K Evans Click for more info Customer Rating: Customer tags: natural weight loss(97), weight loss(96), weight loss tips(95), healthy living(6), natural remedies(5), how to lose weight(5), d k evans(3), diet reviews(3), terri bork http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Weight-Loss-Secrets-REVEALED/dp/1453630325/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Weight Off (Kindle Edition) tagged “weight loss tips” 74 times
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:56:20 GMT Weight Off (Kindle Edition)By Linda Corby Buy new: $2.99197 used and new from $2.95 Customer Rating: Customer tags: weight control(124), weight(123), fat loss(121), fat free(118), obesity loss(117), weight loss(116), weight loss help(116), healthy weight loss(115), my weight loss(113), how i lost weight(113), weight loss tips(74), weight management(72) http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Off-ebook/dp/B004FV540G/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Seven Proven Tips for Weight Loss Success | Psychology Today
If you're looking for tips to lose weight, it is not difficult to find them. The weight loss industry is a 60 billion dollar business, involving a plethora of experts, coaches, and companies advocating every diet and remedy under the … http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mindful-self-express/201209/seven-proven-tips-weight-loss-success
Many Years Young: Weight Loss Tips
(Science Daily) New research shows that a carefully scheduled high-fat diet can lead to a reduction in body weight and a unique metabolism in which ingested fats are not stored, but rather used for energy at times when no … http://www.manyyearsyoung.com/2012/09/weight-loss-tips_13.html