CHANHASSEN, Minn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
Hot summer days are hitting coast-to-coast but it doesnt mean you need to stay indoors. Life Time The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM) offers these five tips to easily maintain your outdoor workouts and other activities.
- Choose time wisely: If going for a long run, plan to run in the morning before temperatures rise or in the evening after it cools down. Life Time Run offers a Tuesday night social run guided by a certified run coach that would be perfect for anyone trying to beat the heat. For training programs or strength routines, focus on shorter workouts that allow you to enjoy the sunshine without being outside for too long.
- Wear loose fitting and light clothes: Look for high-tech apparel designed to pull sweat away from the body to keep you comfortable and dry. Wear lighter colors to reflect the heat and plan to wear a hat or a visor to keep your face protected. Dont forget the sunscreen!
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water before and after a workout is vital but dont forget to drink throughout your outdoor activities as well.
- Know and Monitor your heart rate: Complete an Active Metabolic Assessment to determine your fuel utilization in each of your five Heart Rate Training Zones. Entering those zones into a heart rate monitor is a great way to see how hard your heart is working and how much stress youre putting on your body, especially when exercising outdoors. A heart rate monitor allows you to understand when you need to slow down your speed or exercise intensity in order to avoid overheating and/or becoming dehydrated. A Life Time Metabolic Specialist can work with you to understand your personalized target heart rate zones to maximize results and help you safely and effectively reach your goals indoors or outside.
- Recover: Recovery is important with any workout but is especially imperative after an outdoor workout in the heat. In addition to water, replenish with a high-quality whey protein shake, Creatine and Glutamine for muscle recovery or stop by the LifeCafe for a post-workout smoothie. Taking an Omega-3 fish oil and a multivitamin daily will also aid in overall health.
It bears repeating. Hydrate early and often. To learn more about exercising safely in the heat, visit a Life Time destination near you and stop by the Personal Training desk to talk with a certified Fitness Professional. To purchase high-quality nutrition supplements, heart rate monitors or high-tech apparel from Life Time Run visit a Life Time destination near you or shop.lifetimefitness.com. To learn more about Life Time Fitness, visit LifeTimeFitness.com or Facebook.com/lifetimefitness.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc. As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest or discovering new passions both inside and outside of Life Times distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Companys Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of June 27, 2013, the Company operated 106 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.
- ^ Life Time The Healthy Way of Life Company (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ LTM (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ near you (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ shop.lifetimefitness.com (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ LifeTimeFitness.com (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ Facebook.com/lifetimefitness (cts.businesswire.com)
- ^ LTM (finance.yahoo.com)
Lunch Pails & Lipstick: Workout Tips
Remember this clean eating post from our real mom Jen Senecal? The response was amazing and we had many requests for workout tips. Jen put a list of tips together to keep all of us motivated while following our fitness … http://www.lunchpailsandlipstick.com/2013/06/workout-tips.html
Summer Workout Tips | FIERTH.com
As the old song goesHot Time Summer in the City. And, while it's a great time of year it does get hot. Sometimes even dangerously hot, and seemingly too hot to go work out.But this is not the time for a little summer break … http://fierth.com/2013/06/summer-workout-tips-by-ken-hunt/