Finding the time to stay healthy and in shape can be difficult for anyone. But when youre an entrepreneur whos work seems to follow you around everywhere, its a task that seems nearly impossible. As business owners, its easy to forget that you have to take care of yourself too. Just like your business, your body needs care and attention in order to properly function. Leading a healthy lifestyle will benefit both you and your business in the long run as healthy people tend to be happier and more productive.
I recently spoke with Jillian Michaels, bestselling author, television personality, advocate and entrepreneur. Her latest DVD, Jillian Michaels Killer Abs, will be released in September 2012. Here are her tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a busy schedule:
1) When traveling, to maintain your exercise regimen try the following: Pick a hotel that has a gym, but if thats not possible buy a guest pass at a local gym for a nominal fee. Also, travel with resistance tubing. Its cheap, light weight and in conjunction with your own body weight resistance you can get a thourough full body workout even in the smallest of hotel rooms.
2) If you have the means, consider a healthy meal-delivery program. This takes all the guesswork out of weight loss & weight management. A great, fresh, gourmet, national, calorie-controlled, food-delivery program is Freshology. Freshology has gotten me through the busiest days and the craziest schedules without gaining a pound. They will even deliver to at a hotel which allows you to stay trim when on the road.
3) Sleep. Find a way to get more of it! Sleep will not only help you trim down your waistline but it will enhance your overall health exponentially. Schedule in sleep hours like you would schedule important meetings and prioritize it. Do not compromise sleep. 7-8 hours a night is ideal. Youll notice that you not only feel better, but you will perform better at work.
4) Creating time for exercise with your busy schedule is crucial to maintain a healthy body and a sharp mind. Try to block out a minimum of four 30 60 (minute) exercise sessions a week. What I do is get one session in on the weekend, one session in on the lunch hour, one in the morning before work, and one in early evening after work.
5) Multitask. Although this is not ideal, I have been guilty of it many times and for busy people it can be a necessary evil.
- Carry on business conversations while youre climbing stairs on the StairMaster.
- Answer e-mails while peddling away on the bike.
- Read or dictate business proposals and briefs while youre busting it on the treadmill. You get the idea.
6) Motivation. Often with ambitious business people, fitness can fall by the wayside. You must appreciate the transcendent power and effect of physical health and strength on your personal and professional affluence and wellness. In order to make and keep your physical health a top priority write down all the benefits fitness will provide in all facets of your life. From boosting confidence, to increasing energy, to rocking a power suit. Whatever your reasons, post them around your home and office then refer to them when you feel like skipping out on your workout.
7) Find creative ways of getting more activity while youre working. For example: wear a headset and pace while on conference calls. Standing burns twice as many calories as sitting. Also, try the obvious clichs deliver email messages to coworkers in person, take the stairs not the elevator, get up from your desk and stretch every hour on the hour. Although this is no substitute for a regular exercise regimen, its better than nothing at all.
8) Business lunch and dinners can be a tremendous threat to your weight-loss or weight-management regimen. Here are a few strategies to help get you through:
- Pick a healthier restaurant so, at the very least, youll have low-calorie options.
- Schedule business dinners earlier in the day to avoid consuming high-calorie meals right before bedtime. In addition, an earlier meal is lends itself less to cocktails which will save you tons of calories. Also, If youre imbibing, choose alcoholic beverages without high-calorie mixers like vodka/soda water, a glass of wine, tequila on the rocks or a martini.
9) Never compromise your regular check ups. Early detection is key in the prevention of nearly every medical condition, from heart disease to cancer to bone loss. Make sure your assistant schedules these appointments in your calendar in pen.
10) As a professional you should truly appreciate the importance of this message: Knowledge is power. Educate yourself on calorie counting and label reading so you can make informed choices that effect powerful results and positive change. I suggest a calorie-counting app on your phone or a $6.00 pocket calorie counter that you can travel with anywhere and everywhere.
- ^ Jillian Michaels (www.jillianmichaels.com)
- ^ Business (www.forbes.com)
Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 5 times
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:56:15 GMT Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition)By Lisa Jeffreys Buy new: $0.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: fitness tips(5), exercise tips(4), fitness(4), exercise program(3), female fitness(3), easy recipes(3), exercise and fitness(3), fitness and diet(3), gym working out, health tips http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Fitness-Tips-Volume-ebook/dp/B0087QFRES/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&tag=thedays-20&creative=381421
Low Carb Diet For Dummies : Tasty Fat Reducing Recipes (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 2 times
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:31:26 GMT Low Carb Diet For Dummies : Tasty Fat Reducing Recipes (Kindle Edition)By Kayode Infomart Buy new: $2.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: diet book(3), cookbook(2), cook book(2), cooking(2), chinese recipe(2), easy(2), fitness tips(2), chinese(2), chinese food(2), wight loss http://www.amazon.com/Low-Carb-Diet-Dummies-ebook/dp/B008B7SXBC/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&tag=thedays-20&creative=381421
Fitness tips from Kris Kranzky | BosGuy
For the past month I've been posting fitness tips from my trainer Kris Kranzky from the Boston Sports Club in the South End. This week he shares his workout routine. Kris works out for five days and rests for two; his routine http://bosguy.com/2012/06/27/fitness-tips-from-kris-kranzky-6/
Local seniors get fitness tips to stay active | Local & Regional News …
A fitness center in Roseburg is working to show its patrons that being healthy can continue into senior years. http://www.kpic.com/news/local/Local-seniors-get-fitness-tips-to-stay-active-160579545.html
2 Weller Soldering Gun Tips fit 8200/9200 #7135 W 7135W
New Chrome 3″ Exhaust Muffler Tips Slash Cut will fit all Models
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 HealthNutFitness