With awards season just behind us, it’s important to remember that not only does yoga tone arms and trim waistlines (Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lawrence make for great model examples of the slimming results of this practice), but it also promotes self-love by connecting to the heart.
Here are my top tips for a healthy heart:
1. Treat Yourself. Nothing is sweeter than a little a dairy-free chocolate to lift your spirits at the end of a yoga practice. My favorite is Zen Bunni Grey Salt. It is dairy-free and sweetened with agave. Dark chocolate is a good-for-you treat. Be sure to infuse your chocolate with good intentions. The mind is very powerful. Before you savor it, take a few deep breaths. As you inhale, imagine all of the goodness and sweetness of your life expanding, and as you exhale, release worry and judgement. Enjoy!
Zen fitness with Mandy: 5 yoga moves to get red carpet ready
2. Partner Yoga. The couple that yogas together, stays together! Try the Infinity Twist with a partner for a new twist on your detoxing. In yoga, not only do we target the muscles, tendons and ligaments, but the internal organs begin to beam with health. Yoga is like a pumpwhile in a pose we are cutting off the blood flow, and then as we release the pose, we are flooded with all sorts of happiness, hormones and oxygen.
(Before you take this twist, look into the eyes of your partner and smile. Smiling will actually change the chemistry in your body and will reduce unneeded stress and increases happiness!)
Infinity Twist: Sit cross-legged and face each other, knees touching. Inhale and lengthen the spine, as you exhale twist to the right and reach your right arm behind you. With your right hand, hold your partner’s left hand (and s/he should do the same). Take a few breaths as you pull gently. Change sides.
Zen fitness with Mandy: new year, new you inspiration 
3. Heart Health. When you engage in cardiovascular activity, you strengthen your heart. A brisk walk in nature, interval training (like spinning with sprints or Tabata), or Sun Salutations will increase your heart health.
Remember that your heart is a muscle, and be intentional when you engage in cardio activity. Imagine that your heart is getting stronger so that you are able to give and receive more love. Love is a very motivating force!
4. Supported Bridge Pose. All back bends are heart-openers, and they create more space in your chest and lungs. Back bends increase your energy levels, so best to do these in the morning.
Place a yoga brick underneath your sacrum where you feel supported. Allow your arms to relax with the palms open up towards the sky. Allow the opening to happen and breathe into your heart. Feel the self-love you are engaged in. If you have a partner, come to Child’s Pose, and support your partner in a back bend, while you partner deepens your Child’s Pose.
Mandy Ingber is a celebrity fitness & wellness expert and author of Yogalosophy: 28-Days to the Ultimate Mind-Body Makeover. Jennifer Aniston, Kate Beckinsale and Helen Hunt have all credited Mandy for their A-list bodies. Connect with Mandy via Facebook and Twitter.
See hot celeb workouts 
- ^ Jennifer Aniston (www.eonline.com)
- ^ Jennifer Lawrence (www.eonline.com)
- ^ Zen Bunni (www.zenbunni.com)
- ^ Zen fitness with Mandy: 5 yoga moves to get red carpet ready (www.eonline.com)
- ^ Zen fitness with Mandy: new year, new you inspiration (www.eonline.com)
- ^ spinning (hustleandflowfitness.com)
- ^ Tabata (tabatatraining.org)
- ^ Sun Salutations (youtu.be)
- ^ Yogalosophy: 28-Days to the Ultimate Mind-Body Makeover. (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Facebook (www.facebook.com)
- ^ Twitter (twitter.com)
- ^ See hot celeb workouts (www.eonline.com)
The Zone Tone Breakthrough: Unleashing The Mind Muscle Connection For Accelerated Fat Loss, Lean Muscle, and Elite Conditioning (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 7 times
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 01:24:52 GMT The Zone Tone Breakthrough: Unleashing The Mind Muscle Connection For Accelerated Fat Loss, Lean Muscle, and Elite Conditioning (Kindle Edition)By James Villepigue Buy new: $6.99 Customer tags: health(7), exercise(7), fitness(7), fitness tips(7), get in shape(7), bodybuilding(7), athletics(7), fat loss(6), muscle gain(6), build muscle(6), sports psychology(3), mind to muscle(3) http://www.amazon.com/The-Zone-Tone-Breakthrough-ebook/dp/B00A6K4HFS/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition) tagged “fitness tips” 5 times
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:56:15 GMT Easy Fitness Tips Volume 2 (Kindle Edition)By Lisa Jeffreys Buy new: $0.99 Customer Rating: Customer tags: fitness tips(5), exercise tips(4), fitness(4), exercise program(3), female fitness(3), easy recipes(3), exercise and fitness(3), fitness and diet(3), gym working out, health tips http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Fitness-Tips-Volume-ebook/dp/B0087QFRES/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Jennifer Lawrence Fitness Tips | Video
Jennifer Lawrence Fitness Tips | Video. Fitness Tips From Naomi Watts's and Jennifer Lawrence's Trainers. February 24, 2013. Rachel Weisz Shows Love For… 02:41 · Reebok Pin-spiration Winners… Busy Philipps Talks Baby, Body,. http://www.fitsugar.com/Jennifer-Lawrence-Fitness-Tips-Video-28082607
120 Hilarious Fitness Tips for Women From a Swole Bro
The world's foremost expert on glute training, Bret Contreras, has a snazzy new website. One of the articles to kick things off is his "120 Tips on Strength Training for Women." Cool, I'm a woman, and I want to get stronger; … http://jezebel.com/5985826/120-ridiculous-fitness-tips-for-women-from-a-swole-bro