(BPT) – Think of the holiday season and answer this question: The holidays are the only time of year I do … what?
Maybe it’s the only time of year you set up a Christmas tree, hang mistletoe or travel to a certain destination. For many, the holidays are also the only time of year that you prepare the traditional holiday meal.
And that can lead to trouble.
Each year in the U.S., one in six people will experience food poisoning. There are 48 million illnesses, 128,000 hospitalizations and 3,000 patient deaths that can be traced back to foodborne pathogens, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It’s especially dangerous for young children, the elderly, pregnant women and others with weakened immune systems.
Improper food preparation is one of the most common causes of food poisoning, and the risk increases during the holidays when people try to make lavish meals they would otherwise not prepare. To help keep you and your family safe this season, The Partnership for Food Safety Education – supported by Cargill, Costco Wholesale and the Frozen Food Foundation – is launching The Story of Your Dinner campaign and sharing safe preparation tips for a holiday staple: the turkey dinner.
Preparing an ideal holiday turkey this season
* Plan for one pound of meat per person. If a frozen turkey works best for you, allow the bird to thaw for several days in the refrigerator. Generally, you will need to plan one day for every four pounds of turkey to ensure your bird completely thaws. While your turkey is thawing, keep it on the bottom shelf in a rimmed baking pan to prevent juices from spreading.
* Do not rinse your raw turkey. Rinsing the turkey is not a safety step and can increase the risk of spreading bacteria to the sink and other surfaces.
* For optimum safety, cook stuffing in a casserole. Because stuffing is an excellent medium for bacterial growth, it’s important to handle it safely and cook it to a safe minimum internal temperature (at least 165 F) as measured with a food thermometer.
* Cook your turkey to at least 165 F and always use a food thermometer to ensure your turkey reaches this safe internal temperature.
* When checking to see if your turkey is done, insert the food thermometer into the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast.
* Put extra turkey, stuffing and other leftovers in the fridge within 2 hours. Consume, freeze or discard leftovers within 3 or 4 days.
The annual turkey dinner is a seasonal staple. A little extra preparation can make the meal as satisfying and enjoyable as the rest of the holidays. To learn more about safe food preparation and find a complete turkey roasting chart, visit StoryofYourDinner.org.
This is a Prepare an ideal turkey for your holiday meal review of Premium Quality Unisex Kitchen Apron Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Pattern Professional Chefs Bib Apron Ideal To Cook, Bake, And Grill. It’s our pleasure to present this.
- Material: Twill 100% Polyester, Very Strong And Durable, Resistant To The Fabric Itself.
- Size: Height 28.35″, Width 20.47″. Above The Line Length 22.05″, 20.87″ Long On Both Sides.
- Ideal For Home Or Business Use. Well-suited For The Kitchen, Garden, Or Craft Table.
- Homlife’s Apron Is Easy To Clean, Durable And Resistant, It Will Be A Great Partner In Your Fashion Life!
- Made From Natural Materials And Free From Harmful Chemicals And Synthetic Materials, Safe For You & Your Family.
This Product Is Ideal For To Prepare Everydays Meals. Beautiful And Make You More Fashion For Your Wife And Mother.
Professionally Hemmed Edges Are Carefully Graded For Quality Control And Product Durability. Perfect For Avoiding Food Stains In The Home Or Professional Kitchen.
Package Content: 1 X Aprons.
Washing And Maintenance: 30 Degrees Below The Wash, You Can Hand Wash And Machine Wash, Brush Is Not Recommended To Use Brush.
Please Allow 1-3cm Error Due To Amual Measurement.
As Different Computers Display Colors Differently, The Color Of The Actual Item May Vary Slightly From The Above Images. The Final Color With The Actual Commodity Prevail. Hope You Can Understand. Click toRead the full review here…
List Price: $ 20.00
Price: $ 15.28
What do you think about Premium Quality Unisex Kitchen Apron Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Pattern Professional Chefs Bib Apron Ideal To Cook, Bake, And Grill? Please leave your opinion below.
* Turkey roasted with an amazing lemon, parsley and garlic butter. Watch Part 2 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTDmwTq4QHo
The official Youtube channel of Gordon Ramsay with exclusive clips from a selection shows including Cook-a-long Live, Gordon’s Great Escape and more.
To find out more about Gordon Ramsay visit:
How to Cook Perfect Roast Turkey (Part 1) – Gordon RamsayClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 HealthNutFitness
Click here for more information about 'Prepare the perfect turkey for your holiday meal'.