(BPT) – It is important to remember the health of our most complex organ: our brain. While the brain constantly changes throughout our lives, it's critical that we take steps to help us stay on top of our game as we age.
Help give your brain a boost in the right direction by implementing these 10 brain-healthy habits.
Studies show that being physically active may help reduce some risks to your brain health. It doesn't matter what activity you do as long as you get your heart pumping for 30 minutes most days.
By watching your diet, you may be able to help increase your chances of staying engaged as you age. Try eating a healthy, low solid-fat diet -- one that is low in saturated and trans fats -- with lots of veggies and fruits.
Know your blood pressure
High blood pressure in midlife can have serious effects on your brain health down the road. If your blood pressure is high, talk to your doctor about how to get it under control.
Drink moderately, if at all
Alcohol may affect older adults differently than it had previously and even make them feel "high" without increasing the amount they drink. This can make you more likely to become confused or have accidents.
Get some shuteye
Poor sleep can not only have serious physical effects but can impact memory and thinking, too. Seven to eight hours of sleep a night may help you keep your brain healthy.
Discover a new talent
When you learn new things, you engage your brain and help reduce some risks to it. Challenge your brain on a regular basis by trying something you haven't done before.
Regular engagement in social activities may be good for your brain. Stay connected and make it a point to keep in touch with your family and friends.
Talk to your doctor
As you age, changes in brain function, including short-term memory loss, are expected. If you have questions or concerns, ask your doctor at your next appointment.
Mind your meds
A medication that didn't trigger side effects in the past can cause an abnormal reaction and even change your cognitive function as you age. Talk to your doctor about all of your medications.
Maintain your balance
Regular balancing and strengthening exercises may help reduce your chances of a fall-related head injury. Work to improve your balance and talk to your doctor if you fall.
To learn more about steps that may help keep your brain healthy, visit BrainHealth.gov.
This is a Make the most of your brain as you age review of Toysmith Rainbow Stunt Streamer. Enjoy!
- This multi-colored stunt streamer stretches to 6.5-feet in length, creating huge, fluid shapes when it moves.
- Pull the control cord at the end of the handle to create loops, spirals, and more.
- The brightly colored streamer resists tears and stains, and holds up under hours of intense play.
- Suitable for outdoor play only.
- Recommended for ages 5 years and up.
- Challenge your children’s imaginations and keep them active with Toysmith.
- Committed to providing the most imaginative toys along with the highest safety standards, Toysmith has toys appropriate for all age groups.
- Toysmith offers toys for any kind of play: active play, science and discovery, arts and crafts, impulse and novelty toys, and nostalgic retro classics.
- Create colorful patterns with this adjustable whirling streamer
- Multi-colored, 6.5′ streamer
- Pull the cord to make loops, spirals and more
- Great outdoor fun
- Ages 5 and up
The Toysmith Rainbow Stunt Streamer provides hours of active outdoor fun. This multi-colored stunt streamer stretches to 6.5-feet in length, creating huge, fluid shapes when it moves. Pull the control cord at the end of the handle to create loops, spirals, and more. The brightly colored streamer resists tears and stains, and holds up under hours of intense play. Suitable for outdoor play only. Recommended for ages 5 years and up. Click toRead the rest of the review here…
List Price: $ 9.56
What is your opinion of Make the most of your brain as you age? We would like you to leave a comment below.
* “36 Questions That Hack a Woman’s Mind & Make Her Love You (Scientifically Proven!)”
FREE “Magnetic Conversation Course”: http://www.trippadvice.com/10-minute-conversation-course
??? READ MORE ???
Here’s a game you can play to hack a woman’s mind and have her falling in love with you in minutes! It’s also a great way to get to know one another. Simply ask each other these 36 questions:
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world who would you want to have as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a "perfect" day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or the body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things the two of you have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability what would it be?
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of the person you're with. Share a total of five items each.
23.How close and warm was your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people's?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
25. Make 3 true "we" statements for each. For instance, "We are both in this room feeling ..."
26. Complete this sentence, "I wish I had someone with whom I could share ...."
27. If you were going to become a close friend of the person you're with, share what would be important for her or him to know.
28. Tell the person you're with what you like about them; being very honest and saying things that you might not say to someone you just met.
29. Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell the person you're with something you already like about them.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you die this evening without the opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven't you told them yet?
34. Your house containing everything you own catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets you have time to make one final dash to save one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
36. Share a personal problem and ask for advice on how the person you're with would handle it. Also, ask the person you're with to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
To your success,
Please Like and Subscribe!
Subscribe ?? https://www.youtube.com/user/trippadvice?sub_confirmation=1
Like me on Facebook ? https://www.facebook.com/TrippAdvice
Follow me on Twitter ? https://twitter.com/TrippAdvice
Listen to “How To Talk To Girls” podcast on iTunes ? https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-talk-to-girls-podcast/id952917216
Listen to “How To Talk To Girls” podcast on Stitcher ? http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=60118&refid=stpr
Visit the website ? http://trippadvice.com
Got a question? E-mail me ? firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O88ANq8JRc
36 Questions That Hack A Woman’s Mind & Make Her Love You (Scientifically Proven!)Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 HealthNutFitness
Click here for more information about 'Make the most of your brain as you age'.