(BPT) – Health is a hot topic for many Americans these days, as evident by the named diets, wearable fitness trackers and apps for every possible health measurable. Yet as people show an increased focus on their weight, their cholesterol level or their muscle tone, they often forget that two of their most important organs -- their eyes -- need to be supported as well.
Fortunately, it’s easy to include support for your eye health into your overall fitness plan. If you’re looking to protect your eyes during national Workplace Eye Health Month and every month afterward, follow these five tips.
* Understand your family's history of eye health and other conditions. There is evidence that many people inherit common eye conditions including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Research also shows that more serious conditions including glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration appear to be inherited in some cases. Talk to your family members about any conditions they may have related to their eye health. While these symptoms may not apply to you, this information can help you know what to look for and any potential risks to discuss with your doctor.
* Get the eye health support and treatment you need. Like the rest of your body, your eyes need regular check-ups and insurance can help you meet those costs. One in four people have vision insurance coverage through VSP, with individual or family vision plans that provide affordable access to high-quality eye care and eye wear, typically saving you hundreds of dollars on eye exams and glasses.
* Eat a healthy diet. A well-balanced diet is important not only for managing your cholesterol and weight but for supporting your eye health as well. Leafy vegetables, nuts, eggs, beans, pork and citrus fruits include essential eye health nutrients like lutein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins C and E, and zinc. All of these nutrients have been proven to protect against vision problems like cataracts and macular degeneration.
* Schedule regular visits with your eye doctor. Just as you schedule regular wellness visits with your primary care doctor, you should do the same with your eye doctor. An annual trip to the optometrist ensures you can see your best, and can even lead to early detection of chronic diseases, like diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.>* Shield your eyes from the effects of digital devices. Prolonged exposure to blue light, emitted by digital devices, can lead to digital eye strain. The symptoms of this condition include blurred vision, dry eyes, headaches and neck pain. Ask your doctor about the best options to reduce eye strain, including lenses with coatings that reflect and absorb blue light.
Focusing on improving your health is a great idea at any time and any age -- just make sure your initiative targets your total body health, including your eyes. To learn more about how VSP Individual Vision Plans can provide you with the vision care you need to support your eye health, visit vspdirect.com today.
This is a 5 tips to support your eye health review of DMI Lightweight Aluminum Folding Walker with Single Release, 5 Inch Wheels, Adjustable Height, No Assembly Needed, Silver. Enjoy!
- BEAUTIFUL METALLIC COLOR. This eye-catching walker will not only support you and help you keep your balance, but it looks nice, too!
- STRONG SUPPORT YET LIGHTWEIGHT. Each attractive walker is crafted from anodized aluminum which makes it strong enough to support 250 pounds, but also lightweight and easy to carry. It only weighs 7 pounds!
- COMPACT AND EASY TO OPEN AND CLOSE. Folds down to only a 4 1/2 inch width for storage. Just press down on the button at the top to release it.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT. The walker is adjustable from 32 to 38 inches in one inch increments, meaning you can set it at the height most comfortable for you.
- 5 inch front wheels glide across the floor. Slip resistant rubber tips in vibrant colors give you a firmer grip on the floor or pavement
- contains latex.
Look Your Best as You Walk with Ease
This beautiful, lightweight walker will be a great support and help you keep your balance as you walk around your house or outside. The silver metallic color is eye catching and will help you look your best wherever you go. Constructed of strong anodized aluminum, the walker can support up to 250 pounds. The handgrips are soft molded foam which will feel comfortable in your hand. The 5-inch wheels glide across most surfaces and the slip-resistant rubber tips give you a firmer grip on the floor or pavement. The walker is also adjustable 32 to 38 inches, meaning it will be a good fit for most people. Features This eye-catching walker will not only support you and help you keep your balance, but i Read the original review here…
List Price: $ 80.69
Price: $ 70.65
What is your opinion of 5 tips to support your eye health? We would like you to leave a comment below.
* My name is nassara Suntanapiput 5430306517 No. 10
— Created using PowToon — Free sign up at http://www.powtoon.com/ . Make your own animated videos and animated presentations for free. PowToon is a free tool that allows you to develop cool animated clips and animated presentations for your website, office meeting, sales pitch, nonprofit fundraiser, product launch, video resume, or anything else you could use an animated explainer video. PowToon’s animation templates help you create animated presentations and animated explainer videos from scratch. Anyone can produce awesome animations quickly with PowToon, without the cost or hassle other professional animation services require.
10 eye health tips to protect your visionClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 HealthNutFitness
Click here for more information about '5 tips to support your eye health'.