(BPT) – Caregivers come in many forms -- full-time, part-time, family, friends and professionals. Many people will be a caregiver at some point in their lives, and a recent report by the National Alliance for Caregiving and the AARP showed that more than 43.5 million adults, or about 18 percent of the U.S. adult population surveyed, provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during any given year and spend an average of 24 hours per week doing so.
Being a caregiver of any kind takes a tremendous amount of time, energy and caring. It can be extremely stressful, as so much of your energy is spent promoting the health and well-being of another. While rewarding in many ways, it can take a toll both physically, financially and emotionally.
Now imagine you're a caregiver for someone with a progressive and fatal genetic disorder -- and that someone is a child. That's the everyday reality of people providing care for children and young adults with Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a severe form of muscular dystrophy in children.
Duchenne affects mainly boys and young men, with an incidence of about one in 5,000 live male births. The disease is marked by progressive muscle weakening and wasting, leading ultimately to the inability to walk by the teen years or earlier, and severe respiratory and cardiac complications. Sadly, life expectancy is generally between the late teens and early twenties.
Those caring for boys with Duchenne -- many times a parent -- must address the unique challenges the disease presents, including going to a host of doctor and physical therapy appointments, making changes to the home and cars and vans to accommodate changes in mobility and using assistive technologies like wheelchairs, standers and shower equipment.
Mandy Lowe knows these challenges all too well. Eighteen years ago, her son Alex was diagnosed with Duchenne at only 2-and-a-half years old. At the time, none of her local doctors knew anything about Duchenne, and patients weren't expected to live much beyond their teens. She suddenly had a whole new and scary world to navigate.
Then Mandy heard about Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) -- a nonprofit group whose mission is to end Duchenne -- and was connected with other members of the Duchenne community who helped her learn how to manage her new role as a caregiver.
Today, Alex is 20 and doing well -- even taking college classes -- and Mandy volunteers with PPMD to provide caregiving advice and support for other families who have a child with Duchenne and give back to the community that has supported her.
"Duchenne is a devastating disease, and the strength that caregivers like Mandy demonstrate while dealing with the diagnosis and what follows is truly remarkable," said Rick Munschauer, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Marathon Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company that develops treatments for rare diseases. "If you are a caregiver or know someone who is, it can be a big help to take advantage of resources available within the community and to connect with those facing a similar situation."
The Caregiver Action Network offers these tips for family caregivers:
1. "Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone."
2. "Take care of your own health so you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one."
3. "Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you."
4. "Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors."
5. "Caregiving is hard work, so take respite breaks"
6. "Watch out for signs of depression, and don’t delay getting professional help when you need it."
7. "Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one."
8. "Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find."
9. "Make sure legal documents are in order."
10. "Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is."
For additional information on Duchenne, or to connect with other caregivers and families living with Duchenne, visit www.parentprojectmd.org.
This is a review of MoJo’s Dog Nail Clippers & Trimmers (Large). Enjoy!
- SAFE FOR CATS AND DOGS – Imagine never worrying about hurting your pets nails again – overcome your fear of trimming their nails when you use our Safety-First dog and cat nail trimmer with our unique Quick Guard technology built right into the tool
- SUPERIOR VALUE SET – Comes with Professional Dog & Cat Claw Nail Clippers + Bonus Nail File (.95 value, free). After trying these claw clippers, you’ll discover just how amazing they really are –
- APPROVED BY VETERINARIAN Gemma Forster (M.R.C.V.S.) – “Best and most easy to use dog nail clipper I’ve used. After using these, I came to realize I’d found what I was looking for…naturally the only toe clippers we use in our clinic now. Highly recommended!” Other users say : ” They are by far the best dog toenail clippers I have ever tried, I’m very happy after trying them out and would recommend them to anyone, especially if they have a dog like mine, who hates having their nails cut.”
- CARING PET OWNERS love the freely adjustable built in angled safety guard – proven to prevent accidental nicks and cuts. BENEFITS : 1. You’ll be less hesitant about trimming your pet’s nails, 2. and therefore your dog or cat will be calmer, 3. they won’t be sliding over slippery floors with their long nails anymore, 4. they’ll stop damaging your wooden floors and furniture! And finally, well kept nails are healthy for your pet.
- ORDER NOW! WORRY FREE! We offer a better than money back guarantee with all our pet supplies – the truth is you get a lifetime warranty – if there is an issue with your product for any reason we will refund you and send you a new one – No Questions Asked.Urgent – Order Today While Stocks last.
Imagine Not Having Those Expensive Veterinary Bills and Expenses… Here’s the Answer:With MoJo PetsLife’s Veterinary Approved dog and cat nail clippers, you can easily trim your pet’s nails at home, without the added expense of visits to the grooming professionals or veterinary clinic. Professional Stainless Steel Pet Nail Clipping Set , Includes : * Dog and Cat Nail Clippers * Free Bonus Nail File (.95 value free) * Tips on nail trimming – see back of packaging Quickfinder/Quick Sensor Guard – prevents any accidents to the paws of your puppy by restricting the depth of nail that can be cut = worry free nail grooming. Our Pet Nail Trimmers are produced from the highest grade stainless steel to give a long-lasting, sharp cutting edge = years Click toRead the full review here…
List Price: $ 39.97
Price: $ 18.99
What is your take on Caring for those who care for others? Please leave a comment below.
* Download Here: http://www.freedomconsciousness.com/stop-people-pleasing-frequency-spa/
This video will help you to stop people pleasing and caring what other people think of you.
Binaural Beats/Isochronic Tones to get you in a state of deep relaxation that is conducive for healing and release.
Combined with Rife Frequencies, Solfeggio Healing Tones and other balancing Frequencies designed to help your mind and body to let go of everything that has been held onto subconsciously with regards to pleasing people.
To make it even more powerful there is a powerful Energy Transmission embedded in this recording.
Additionally I have added affirmations/subliminals to this video that will program your mind/body and help you to make any changes that might be needed.
It is my intention that this video will help everyone listening to overcome the need to please other people and stop caring what they think as well as carrying others. Please now add your intention as well. The more people will do this, the more powerful this video will become.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the music, the healing transmission, the beneficial frequencies and affirmations, knowing that this will help you to reach your goals.
Remember to drink plenty of pure water while listening to these recordings.
This is not a substitute medical advice. Please always consult with a qualified healthcare professional. These frequencies have been tested by thousands of people and found beneficial for the purpose above. However, if you experience any discomfort immediately stop listening to the recording and come back at a later time.
Best experienced with headphones.
Please do not use these recordings if you are:
Suffering from seizures
Wearing a pacemaker
Operating any machinery or driving
Thank you for watching. ?
If you like this video and would like to support my work and help me produce more free videos, I would love to receive your donation: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JF6LFJJL9ZNG2
Much love to you,
Medical Disclaimer: Frequency healing is an energy based healing method. This recording is not intended to represent that it is used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem, physical or psychological disorder, nor is it intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice. For legal purposes it is understood that this video has been posted for the purpose of entertainment only.
I am not a psychologist, physician, or other licensed health care provider. I strongly advise that you seek professional advice as appropriate before making any health decision. All materials are posted in good faith. The accuracy, validity, effectiveness, completeness, or usefulness of any information herein, as with any publication, cannot be guaranteed.
Freedomconsciousness.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the material provided here.
Stop People Pleasing – Stop Caring What Other People Think of You – Overcome People Pleaser SyndromeClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 HealthNutFitness