(BPT) – Why would anyone put the health of their eyes at risk?
The answer is unclear, since blindness is among the most common human fears. But many people apparently don’t prioritize eye care; in fact, of 61 million U.S. adults at risk of serious vision loss, only half see an eye doctor annually, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Further, shifting demographics are pressing the issue as the number of blind or visually impaired U.S. residents is set to double by 2030.
Here’s a look at five common risks that could be compromising your family’s eye health:
- “What checkup? My eyes feel fine.” A regular eye exam by an optometrist or ophthalmologist brings peace of mind in ensuring your vision is fine and you’re not subject to one of many eye diseases without immediate symptoms. In a recent CDC study, nevertheless, 35 percent of adults 40 and older with moderate-to-severe visual impairment had skipped such exams in the past year because they found them unnecessary. Early treatment is crucial to common diseases such as cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration; that said, 80 percent of all visual impairment can be prevented or cured.
- “My eyes sting, but it’s probably nothing.” Time is of the essence when diagnosing eye ailments. Red flags include redness, burning, blurred vision or pain, but even more minor issues should be addressed immediately. “So many things that go wrong in the eye are easily correctable at first, but the longer it goes on, the harder it is to treat,” warns professor of ophthalmology Richard Shugarman in WomensHealthMag.com.
- “I can’t see an optometrist because I have no insurance.” In the CDC study, 40 percent of the vision-impaired respondents cited that as their reason for neglecting check-ups. But a lack of employer-sponsored eye care insurance doesn’t mean you can’t save money on exams, glasses and contacts with an affordable policy from an independent company like VSP Direct.
- “My kids seem to see OK.” In fact, some 19 million children worldwide younger than 15 are visually impaired, 12 million due to easily diagnosed and corrected refractive errors. The CDC reports only 15 percent of preschool children receive eye exams and 22 percent receive vision testing, with amblyopia the most common cause of vision loss in youth. “Uncorrected vision problems can impair child development, interfere with learning and even lead to permanent vision loss,” advises a report this year by the National Center for Children’s Vision & Eye Health. “Early detection and treatment are critical.”
- “I can still see out of my contact lenses.” Each year about a million people nationwide suffer from eye infections requiring doctor or hospital assistance, many related to contact use. Common issues include lack of proper cleaning; use of inactive lens solution; infrequent lens replacement or long-term wearing of lenses not meant for such use. “I’ve personally seen permanent scarring and loss of vision from wearing contacts too long,” Shugarman notes.
In short, the eye health of your family is nothing to mess around with. Don’t let it fall by the wayside due to a lack of information.
“You might think your vision is fine or that your eyes are healthy,” advises the government-sponsored National Eye Institute. “But visiting your eye care professional for a comprehensive dilated eye exam is the only way to really be sure.”
Learn more about vision insurance that can help you with your eye care needs.
This is a review of Spring Vitality Omega 3 Supplement for Kids, Teens, and Adults. Triple Strength with EPA(800mg) and DHA(600mg). 60 Burpless, Lemon Flavored Softgels. It’s our pleasure to present this.
- THE BEST: source of omega-3 fatty acids. Our omega-3 supplement has optimum amounts of EPA, 800mg, and DHA, 600mg, compared to other brands. Burpless, and easily absorbed by the body. Our lemon flavored soft gels went through comprehensive distillation process. Third-party tested. Free from heavy metals, PCB’s and other toxins for purity, efficacy, safety, and maintained nutritional values.
- IMPROVED HEART HEALTH: According to studies omega-3 have a positive effect on heart related diseases and are the top of the list when it comes to reducing risks of heart attack making them key to optimal cardiovascular function.
- BECOME SMARTER: Who doesn’t want to feel and appear smarter than their peers? Omega -3 supplements are said to improve your brain’s abilities. More specifically, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) helps in significant improvements in reading, spelling and behavior-especially for children.
- OVERCOME OSTEOPOROSIS: Did you know that populations who eat more fish- for example Asia – they are less likely to suffer from osteoporosis compared to other populations and this is because fish contains high amounts of EPA and DHA (omega-3 fatty acids). However, when it comes to convenience, it’s easier to swallow a softgell each day than eating two salmon. Our supplement can be taken with multi-vitamins as well.
- BOOST YOUR VITALITY: Fish oil’s omega-3 fatty acids, especially EPA, is significant in giving your muscle recovery a boost by reducing inflammation and promoting muscle protein synthesis. Ask your physician and he will give you a list of other benefits of taking omega-3.
Now Is Your Chance To Get The Ultimate Source Of Health & Vitality
Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a magic pill that would instantly give you unlimited health and wellness? Something that you could eat daily and enjoy the innumerable health benefits for the rest of your life.
Of course it would be awesome. Unfortunately, magic pills don’t exist. Nevertheless, there is something very close to a magic pill. What’s that? It’s called “omega-3 fatty acids”.
Enter Omega-3 Softgels From Spring Vitality
Omega-3 are a group fatty acids that are essential for optimal health. The two most common and very important are DHA and EPA.
Due to the modern dieting habits, it’s difficult to get omega-3 from Read the rest of the review here…
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B0116O6Z0W”]
What do you think about The Top 5 Most Common Eye Health Risks? Please leave your opinion below.
* The top 10 challenges that you will face when going raw vegan and the solutions on how to overcome them! http://youtu.be/-hdzVg6LhGE
Are you wanting to eat FullyRaw but scared of embarking upon a new heath journey? Each person struggles with different issues when they first start going raw– here are the top ten most common concerns and worries that I hear from people when going fullyraw, and I’ve provided you with easy solutions on how to combat them! I share with you the top 10 concerns or struggles that you may encounter, and I share with you my easy solutions on how to avoid them! Whether you are trying to go FullyRaw or simply eat more fruits and veggies in your diet, this video is an amazing resource! Share with family and friends, and start your health journey today!
The Top 10 Challenges:
Worry about nutrients/getting to much sugar??
Only thing to fear is fear itself : fear aside, just do it
-After that, everything else becomes easy
2) Either Hunger or too full
3) Detox symptoms or too much energy
4) Feel alone and secluded- social aspect
5) Run out of food OR left with UNRIPE FOOD
–Left w out food– always make sure u have it with you
When you’re hungry, anything will look like food
6) Cravings / Staying satisfied
7) No time to eat!
-Plan your days
-Plan your meals
-Bowl of fruit / smoothie
– Compare time spent cooking and cleaning to time eating raw. MUCH EASIER to eat raw
8) Money and food costs
9) Tired of eating the same things all the time
-Reality of variety
-Families eat the same thing all year round
-More variety in a year than a lifetime!!
10) Bad food digestion / Gas
ALL-EMCOMPASSING and highly recommended food combining chart by Dr. Douglas Graham: http://www.shop.rawfullyorganic.com/product.sc;jsessionid=59EF110C3DE083393326AAAD21B74422.qscstrfrnt03?productId=199&categoryId=5
Despite all these fears, they are just that: FEARS. You will FEEL BETTER, you will see RESULTS by increasing the amount of fruits and veggies that you eat!
TAKES TIME TO CLEANSE THE BODY!
Your taste buds change
You will lose weight
Love your body and send hugs! Kristina
Want to be inspired daily to be FullyRaw? Keep up with Kristina here:
FullyRaw You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/fullyrawkristina
FullyRaw Kristina Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/fullyrawkristina
Kristina’s Personal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/kristinacarri…
Kristina’s Bio: http://fullyraw.com/about/about-me
Kristina’s Blog: http://www.rawfullyorganic.com/blog
ROC Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rawfullyorganic
Rawfully Organic Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rawfullyorganic
FullyRaw Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fullyraw
FullyRaw Kristina Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fullyrawkris…
FullyRaw Kristina Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fullyrawk
Filming & Editing by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram and Matt Garza of http://www.solidstatephotography.com
What to Expect When Going Raw Vegan